ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault monkeys strike again!!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My 172 went in today for its 4th headlight washer ball. I was told they would need it for 2 1/2hrs. Apparently they were going to change the complete unit this time. As this is under warrenty thought it was very nice of them.

The car was ready in 2hrs and I had a little look around the front for damage (we all know what their like). Drove 15 miles home all happy, pulled up on the drive and noticed a 3.5" crease on the rear panel just above the wheel arch!!

Wot makes it worse is the fact it has greasy finger marks around it and the Fcukers didnt have the balls to tell me. :mad:

Been onto the phone and complained and its booked in for next week. Getting a courtsey car aswell free of charge. Asked for something bigger and better than a 1.2 as compensation. Theres a couple of megane 255s, 182 in yellow or a black 350z on the forecourt. what the chances of blagging one of them for a couple of days??

Oh and the grease monkey has denied all knowledge of hitting anything. :mad:

[Edited by norfolkminis on 13 December 2004 at 2:09pm]

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

The manager has sorted it out quickly - 30 minutes and its booked in for repair work and courtesy car. Letter will be going off to Renault UK though as I want compensating for this.

Will hold fire on naming and shaming but theres only 1 renault dealer in Kings Lynn, Norfolk. ;)

Also asked for a list of all warrenty work carried out on the car since it was bought barnd new in Aug 03.

so far its had.

4 washer balls, 3 washer bottles, 1 alarm system, 1 petrol cap, Numerous faulty alarm sensors.

wots next??

Ford Fiesta

crikey thats a list and half. 4 washer balls? do you use them often then? 3 washer bottles? wtf? new alarm system?????, what was wrong with the petrol cap, which faulty alarm sensors lol?

unlucky fella.

Quote: Originally posted by norfolkminis on 13 December 2004

My 172 went in today for its 4th headlight washer ball. I was told they would need it for 2 1/2hrs. Apparently they were going to change the complete unit this time. As this is under warrenty thought it was very nice of them.

The car was ready in 2hrs and I had a little look around the front for damage (we all know what their like). Drove 15 miles home all happy, pulled up on the drive and noticed a 3.5" crease on the rear panel just above the wheel arch!!

Wot makes it worse is the fact it has greasy finger marks around it and the Fcukers didnt have the balls to tell me. :mad:

Been onto the phone and complained and its booked in for next week. Getting a courtsey car aswell free of charge. Asked for something bigger and better than a 1.2 as compensation. Theres a couple of megane 255s, 182 in yellow or a black 350z on the forecourt. what the chances of blagging one of them for a couple of days??

think u can do a better job go ask renault for a job mate

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Mark on 13 December 2004

I get your point Mark, but it IS there job, and you dont expect it. At least they could have owned up to it.

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

I dont expect my car to be given back with damage to the rear end when it went in for only a bloody washer ball!!

If only they had the balls to own up, as the service manager has said the mechanics dont pay for damage. So why not say anything and leave grease marks all over it?!?

As for doing a better job. Dont think it would be that hard.

As for the other faults

4 washer balls because there mailto:cr@p">cr@p and just fall out (even a renault employee told me that)

Alarm system replaced because it kept going off every hour - No fun when your a night shift worker.

Washer bottles have been changed because they keep cracking, god knows how cos its right out the way. Looking on the forum shows it seems to be a common fault.

Ford Fiesta

yeah common fault, mine seems ok so far. Do you use your washers a lot then, is that why balls fall out and bottle keeps cracking?

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

dont know about the bottles, prob just cheap old plastic.

as for the washer balls. Im a shift worker so lights are on most of the time, so washer balls do get used a lot. thinking of pulling the fuse to them to be honest.

My boss has got a pug coupe and hes having the same problem, although his are colour coded so more expensive.

Ford Fiesta

next time you try it, press the washer very quickly with the lights on cos it says you need to use an extended press to get the headlight washers going. Not just a quick press.

I never use my washers so hopefully should be ok now mine has been replaced.

Quote: Originally posted by Liam182 on 13 December 2004

Quote: Originally posted by Mark on 13 December 2004

I get your point Mark, but it IS there job, and you dont expect it. At least they could have owned up to it.
no u have a very vailded point mate im not doubting that, just the mechanic is blamed everytime, ne1 of a number of ppl could have moved ur car orsome 1 could ahve come in and hit it then thiought f**k and legged it

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

you have a fair point, but as I said before. The fact it had grease marks all around it, makes it more likely to be the mechanic. Fair enough accidents happen just wish they told me.

Lee

BMW M2C

What gets me about that mate is that the first time the wash ball came out they should have replaced the unit for you. Thats pathetic that they just popped a new ball in. Thats what I did on the 172 and luckily it never moved.

320d M Sport

typical reno excuse, mine always got dented whilst in the car park, they ALWAYS blame their customers!!

at honda they have designated parking for stuff like this, only honda staff move the cars, if it gets damaged, everyone knows who did it then. its a good idea and shows honesty, something reno are lacking........big time.