ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault parts on Alibaba ?

03gti,2evors,clio rs
Any comment from those who have purchased & fitted part's from the Alibaba website for their Clio's would be welcome as almost all auto parts are manufactured in China (a mistake by the western world in my view),but we do like cheap. Call me a cynic but input from members more specifically on the quality of the parts involved when doing the timing belt,water pump job,it seems the more "credible" manufactures do have quality certifications. And if it's above board substantial saving could be made buying direct rather than having the middle man with his hand out for doing little more than passing product along to the consumer,if you have done it let me know as I'm interested in what you have to say. https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...rlist.normal_offer.d_title.2c2fe367LsOkR7&s=p

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Looking at this on a risk vs reward basis i wouldn't use Alibaba for any parts where the cost of early life failure would be higher than the saving. Clio parts are not expensive, even the belts and dephaser kit at £300 ish (from RPD) will be outweighed by the cost of having a professional fit it. And the cost of failure of those parts would massively outweigh any savings.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't chance it to save a few quid. Buy one you know will do the job properly.