ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Track Days

Dont know if this has been up before but ive booked myself for the one on the 28th May.

I thought this would be a good laugh,but now Im a bit p~ssed off. What do other people think.

1) Track is only open for 2 Hrs 55 minutes

2)50 cars going to be there with 20 on the track at anyone time

3) Apart from V6 no real power difference between the different cars, so really one big convoy.

4) £150 4 me + £25 quid for guest, hello £25 and I dont think they will be allowed as passengers on the track.

5) PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR MAUNFACTURER WARRANTY DOES NO COVER MECHANINCAL FAILURE RESULTING FROM ANY TRACK DAY ACTIVITY Does this mean that if the car goes bang after im not covered.

On the plus side you get hot rides in spiders, V6 and Cups and get to drive Clio cup racer on different circuit. I know I should have read the small print but think if the track session was all day would have been better value. Done other trackdays in my other car,however the cars ranged from Volvos to racing saloons so produce natural gaps between the cars on the track.

Anyone else going then?

Cup172 - Youll love it. I went last year and had a cracking time. Its ace. I think they try and deter passengers by charging so much and stating that there not allow in the pits.

Both times last year passengers were allowed in the pits and passenger rides on track. Not one to be missed I reckon.

Silver Fabia vRS

I went twice last year and I think Bedford is the best place to learn the limits of your car as there is so much runoff!

Renault Laguna Coupe

Desmondo, Kis & Geoff have really said it all - but as you seem so concerned... dont worry its a brilliant evening!

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOUR MAUNFACTURER WARRANTY DOES NO COVER MECHANINCAL FAILURE RESULTING FROM ANY TRACK DAY ACTIVITY

Id becareful doing renualt track days if their attitude is this. Do they register evry car before going on to the track?

If so say if you had a problem on the road later that day, you book it in for repair, then they inform you in true renault style that your car warrenty is invalid due to track use :eek:

It really bugs me, renault promote these sport track days then come up with this, do they not think their cars can handle being driven hard?

If so therere obviously not as well built as some may think.

Cool cant wait to go.

They only take the number plate so I think I will just can change my reg.

Cheers for the replys

Cup172,

Im going to be down there for the may one and the main June one most people from here will be doing, Ill see ya there :D, comments below.

1) Dont worry about the amount of track time, youll find its and excellent time, fantastic, esp. the clio cup racers :D

2)The last two times its been open pit lane, hopefully itll be the same this time so no probs, anyway youll want to spend a third of your time drinkin coffee and letting your brakes cool off

3) It wont be a convoy, if everyone was the same style/experience (cloned) then maybe, but itll be a big mix of loads of skills and styles, so youll have loads of fun, and remember its a track day and not a race :p

4) They have stung this price for passengers in the past, its just one of those things, but last year they did actually let them come down to the pit lane, hopefully the same but who knows

5) Bloody Renault Warranty

If you dont want to go, then dont. The event we had last year proved that there was more than enough time on the track - exactly the point Roamer makes. Theres no convoy, youd need about 100 cars on the track for that to happen, youll find yourself doing many laps with no one else in sight. The big advantage with Bedford is the almost 100% lack of crash barriers, its for that reason that spectators are discouraged.

Jeremy, have Renault always said this about the warranty or is this a new thing, I dont remember reading it last time ?