ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault World Series accomodation?

Bus w**ker
Those doing the weekend where are you staying?

Camping like homeless folk? Staying in a local hotel with those that enjoy washing and being civilised? Orrrrrr driving there and back each day?

(Taken from elsewhere about Trax)
Hotel wise the sooner we make a decision and book the rooms the better.

Travelodge - Towcester Silverstone is currently available at £51 a night for Saturday 5 September. Closest one for a decent price, but no bar or breakfast/restaurant.
Express by Holiday Inn - Northampton M1 J15 is currently available at £41.95 a night, inc breakfast, has a bar and restaurant.
Best Western Buckingham Hotel is currently available at £56.70, inc breakfast, has a bar, restaurant, gym, swimming pools etc. But it's about nine miles away from the circuit.

Camping

Whittlebury Park Golf and Country Club is £25 a night for a car and tent and only four miles away from Silverstone (pedestrians can actually walk directly onto Silverstone). Has showers, flushing toilets, bar and restaurant.

Personally I'd rather hotel it (Express by Holiday Inn is good and has a nice drive to the circuit too ;))...as well I'm not a tramp nor do I own a tent or cope well with being stiggy.

Ta

Sy

Bus w**ker
Naith you saw the hungover state of me at ISTS after a sleep deprived night in a hotel. Imagine that times 10 if I stigged it up lol. I'd look like something out of Shaun of the Dead, for example:

shaunofthedea_wideweb__430x280.jpg

(Less chav though)

I will however not rule anything out...

w0rd

Clio 197 Cup
Staying at MK might be an option when I went to F1 last year I stayed at the jurys inn there has good bars etc around it and about a 15 minute drive from Silverstone.

Golf GTD Mk7
Get camping guys. Makes the weekend for me. Plus its just a quick walk from there through the field to the track. Sweet as!!!

were abouts are people camping for this?

People camping on the fri and sat or just the saturday?

think we are camping friday and sat @ hamilton fields campsite....not 100% decided yet though.

Its either going to be Hamilton fields (£10per person per night), or Whittlebury Park (40 odd quid per tent per night or something, but you have to pay extra for additional cars, we are taking 3 so Hamilton works out cheaper)

We are staying two nights because we are heading upto lincoln way after RWS on the sunday, as we are doing a trackday at cadwell on the monday!

I was going to make a thread in here about camping, but it wouldnt let me start one!

staying two nights up near cadwell @ premier inn, at £55/night.....f*ck spending £200+ on hotels over 4 days, lol.

RS 172 cup
well we were going to camp but the old man needs his luxury, plus he said he was paying as for some reason he thought i had paid for the tickets..... ???

182 & Porsche 986
I think we will be camping then the hamilton fields sounds okay remember seeing it last year.
wanted to stay in premier inn but left it late and the nearest one is miles away

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Anyone wanna go halfs/quarters on a room? Should be able to fit 3/4 in a room without much of an issue.

200 FF Storm Grey
Yeh I am mate, welcome to come over, will be a good few of us (all of them french haters)

200 FF Storm Grey
We'll have to get some bant on the go, seems to be quite a few at hamilton fields.

You all in the lively area I take it?

Golf GTD Mk7
you have no idea how much fun/s**t we cause at hamiltons, i dont even book i just roll up every year n throw em a 20

Where is that one Naith? Me and my mates are are Whittlebury. It wasn't civilized last year. We went swimming in the lake at night.lol. Well I say lake, it was more like a pool of mud.

LY R26
do you have to book for hamiltons Naith? im thinkin of camping just sat night you reckon i can just turn up or will it be full?

give em a ring but i wont be ringing, just rolling up friday evening innit, sheesha out, vodka, deckchair and house music