ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaults 182 0-62 figures - Bit Slow

Manufacturers figures are always conservative. The other difference is that the quoted figure is to 62.5 mph (100kph). The difference of 2.5 mph is about half a second

EP3 Civic Type R

7.1 is not slow, and probably what it is... people seem to think its about 6 seconds which is absolute tosh

autocar are retards then, IMO 6.3 to 62? or 60.. even so that must by the best launch possible i cant see it reaching that personall y but i would like to be wrong because if i sell the 172 the 182 may be an option.

172, Tiguan

Press cars are standard nowadays.

There not souped up, its not worth it.

6.3 to 60mph is entirely reasonable due to traction control, increased tyre size. And a tester thats done it thousands of times!

i totally think the 6.3 time is VERY acheivable, and dont doubt any 182 could do it. it is interestin to see renaults figures, cos if theyre conservative, the renault cup figures to 62mph was 6.9?

yes it does take almost half a second to get from 60-62 (person who asked) it makes a big diff in times.

Not sure about the 182 but 0-60 and 0-62 times can be significant if there is an extra gear change required!!

I remember when the saxo VTS came out where they purposely changed the gearing to the near identical Pug 106 GTi to get a quicker 0-60 time by 0.5s but unfortunately 0-60 seems to be the benchmark that defines a quick accelerating cars and have done for the best part of 2-3 decades!!

so an extra 10bhp and same torque (is this correct) than the 172 will gain u pretty much a second to 60 doesnt add up, also if this is the case the 0-60 of the 172 mk2 will be less now as when these were tested they had no traction control does this sound right?

Good point about the gear change, Autocar registered 62 as the toip speed in 2nd. Shame its the Saxo and 106 owners who doubt a reputable independent test

Renault Laguna Coupe

Traction control does not help 0-60 time. Ask anyone whos tried 1/4 miling with it turned on. Its a safety feature, not a go-faster feature.

Theyre just damn fast ok?? :D

traction control slows standing starts, dont let anyone tell you otherwise. if the tyres are hot and the launch is good wheel spin is negligble anyway but anything that applies the breaks and/or controls throttle on launch isnt going to get you there anyfaster.. for that you need Launch Control.

Also reno said 0-60 was 7.1-2 0-62 7.4 for the 172MKII ? ? surley if the 182 can achieve 6.3 to 60 with just 10bhp (+10kgs more) even if the power is lower down, means the 172 can achieve 0-60 in 6.6 maybe not 7.1 ?

:confused:

BTW i have a vid of my 172MKII accelerating to 60 and although others may not agree.. quite a few people + other forums also belive it to be in the low sixes to sixty and by that i mean 6.2 6.3 ((it was an amazing launch though))

only mentioned the traction control because it was stated above for the 182, my main question was how on earth would a car only 10bhp up same torque? and weighin slightly more be almost a second quicker to sixty. My question was whether the original test on a 172 was accurate because i cant see that it should be almost a second slower and almost 2 slower to 100? im probably wrong tho! o and im a 172 owner :) well pickin it up in 2 weeks anyways

Clio v6

Autocar

182 :

Despite weighing 111kg more than the Cup, the 1090kg 182’s extra traction helps it scorch to 60mph in 6.3sec, 0.2sec quicker

V6 255 :

60mph in 6.0sec dead ( Renault 5.8secs )

So they quote 0.8 secs faster than Renault for the 182, and yet 0.2 secs slower than Renault for the V6 ?

Would the V6 really be 5.0 ?

Autocar will test the Megane at 5.5 secs ? Look out V6 owners :D