ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renaultsport chip

If you mean an R-Spot chip which is achually a new ECU (not an officail Renault part) then try hill power.

Renault Laguna Coupe

I have RenaultSport chip - it was fitted by Hillpower earlier this week. The car feels loads better, but you might want to wait until Ive tried it out for real at York Dragway next month. Ive got all my old timing slips so it should be easy to see whether it makes a real difference.

The chip makes your car idle at about 1100 - 1200 rpm by the way. This doesnt bother me but its something to bear in mind. Nick at Hillpower will advise you of this if you order the chip.

Quote: Originally posted by telford_mike on 14 May 2004

I have RenaultSport chip - it was fitted by Hillpower earlier this week. The car feels loads better, but you might want to wait until Ive tried it out for real at York Dragway next month. Ive got all my old timing slips so it should be easy to see whether it makes a real difference.

The chip makes your car idle at about 1100 - 1200 rpm by the way. This doesnt bother me but its something to bear in mind. Nick at Hillpower will advise you of this if you order the chip.
Mine didnt - have you got EBD/TC?

Renault Laguna Coupe

Identical I believe, we bought them at about the same time. The 172 Mk2s were all the same until they introduced tc/ebd, but that wasnt until quite a bit later.

P

peterh2

TBH there is no point even trying to tune a 1.2RN by the time you have fitted a chip, exhaust, decat, filter etc your probably not that far off what it would cost to get a 1.4 GTT or 1.8 16v engine dropped in.

Quote: Originally posted by MattyK on 15 May 2004

Is it possible to get chips for the 1.2 RN?
Yep you could but as said before cost isnt worth it.

A 1.8 16V can be dropped in for ~£1.5k for 137hp since 100hp would costs more than this on your 1.2 a transplant is the best idea. Even including potential insurance problems.