ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renaultsport ECU upgrade

Does anyone know anything about the ECU upgrade by renaultsport for the Clio Cup

What sort of improvement is expected and how much it is ?

Has anyone had this done to there CUP

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Its NOT a Renault Sport item, its a company called R-Sport who are not connected!

Price is £200 +VAT

Several people on here are using them now.

Gains are not massive in terms of a headline power figure at the peak point on the graph, but the power delievery is much stronger lower down the rev range, the torque is increased, the car feels sharper & more responsive and the rev limit is raised.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 21 November 2003

Gains are not massive in terms of a headline power figure at the peak point on the graph, but the power delievery is much stronger lower down the rev range, the torque is increased, the car feels sharper & more responsive and the rev limit is raised.
Also, Chris graph from Saturday showed that the car kept near peak power until nearly 8k revs.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rhys on 24 November 2003

Also, Chris graph from Saturday showed that the car kept near peak power until nearly 8k revs.
Yeah, the RR operator was very impressed with the way it just held the power with minimal drop off right up to 7800rpm until, the limiter kicked in.

I need one... ;)

Nippy white cup

Hi guys

It said max 151 on the screen( noticed this on a few different cars, higher reading screen than print out.) but was 147bhp. As Rich said, it didnt drop off after reaching its normal peak power and stayed pretty constant up to the limiter( Jonnyboy has a pic of it reving its nuts off which Ill post when I get it.) Definately worth buying the Rsport ecu.

What are you doing reading this...GET IT ORDERED!!! lol

Cheers

Chris

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Originally I didnt see much point in raising the rev limiter as I thought the power would probably peak then drop off, so kepping revving would be a waste of time...

However, this aint the case, it makes more power lower down, then holds it even at silly high revs, so even though my car made the same peak power figure, the plots aint the same!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

not for the 172s, as the ecu has to carry airbag programming for the extra airbags, climate control etc.

If you want a better one than the r-sport ecu get a unichip, custom mapping which will take any mods into account.

thought so...

i might go Dastek, im not too botherd about waranty but is it noticble to renault service?? also what BHP/NM gain and does this affect 0-60 or topend speed or 30-70.

what about economy

thanks

Nippy white cup

Need to do some acceleration tests soon to find out. Strangely my fuel economy has improved since I got the ECU! More speed, more revs and less fuel! Not a bad mod all in all!

CTR EK9 turbo

this r-sport chip sounds like it does exactly what my group N ecu (no longer installed) does. Raises rev limit to 7800 and feels torqueir lower down the rev range.

If anyone wants to try it out on their mk.1 172s id be happy to let them.......you may even wanna buy it? ;)

CTR EK9 turbo

I was paranoid of the garage finding out when i needed some warranty work doing. And i thought it was causing idling problems (it wasnt), but have never got round to putting it back in! (lazy) Its still in the car, just sat behind the passengers seat in the flap......I just use the force from it to help me toast people....

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 24 November 2003

this r-sport chip sounds like it does exactly what my group N ecu (no longer installed) does. Raises rev limit to 7800 and feels torqueir lower down the rev range.

If anyone wants to try it out on their mk.1 172s id be happy to let them.......you may even wanna buy it? ;)
Id speak to Rhys about this...

the r sport ecu apparently works on some standard 172 mk 2 they need to have one of the newer engines. i cant remember what engine numbers it works on. give rsport a ring they were happy to help when i called them.

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 24 November 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Simon172 on 24 November 2003

Id speak to Rhys about this...
He already has :devilish: