ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewal came in suggestions please :)

Hey guys got my renewel quote from my insurer today... they want

£2500 TPFT ro re insure me?! How the f*ck can they justify that I have a years no claims now so cant be that.

Tryed with admiral I can get it for £1250 fully comp but for my dad its raised his by £200 so hes not going for that

Just did compare the market found fully comp for £1536 from elephant but when I rung them to ask for monthly pricing it goes up to £2200 which they can suck eggs

Anyone know any good companies out there who are actually true to there word when they give a quote and not try to bend me over?

Cheers

Nick

(Car Specs:

1.1 8V MK2 PH1 Clio
2 Door
Alloy Wheels
Changed bumpers

I mentioned all these in my quotes)

Seen as the cheapest you can get is £2200 for just you, why dont you go with admiral and tell your dad to find the cheapest quote for him somewhere and you pay whatever on top of that for him to go with admiral, making yours higher than £1250 but no where near £2k

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Have you got an older female or 2 you can put on and try direct with bell/admiral/elephant

Cheers guys,

I did get the suggestion of paying the difference on my dads insurance mentioned it to him but he told me to get onto the phone to Elephant and have a word with him because his insurance is only due up in December so he's really only just renewed. Now im 19 (20 in may) and 1 crash which happened last year would maybe getting a credit card paying it all at once then paying back the credit card monthly would be a viable option?

As for the female question my mum cant drive, its just me and my dad who drives out of the 3 sisters I have ( well one drives but doesnt live here)

would maybe getting a credit card paying it all at once then paying back the credit card monthly would be a viable option?

Quite a lot of people do it on a 0% interest credit card then pay that off it's a good way to do it if you can keep the payments up you will also be building a good credit rating afaik which is always useful.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Admiral worked out best for me by quite some way.

Feel for you young people... Got my BMW (ins group 15) insured full comp with NCB protection excess of £150 for £309. Bit hacked off it wasn't below £300.

clio 182 'full fat'
Amiral cheapest for me by far, £750 fully comp on clio 182 with me mam as 2nd driver. thats with 3 points! guess im getting old lol (22)

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
Christ! i have 6 years no claims mine is still £690 on a 2004 1.2 clio and i am 30.

Do you recon you get cheaper insurance because of your job seb?

I don't know, probably helps as generally most in my line of work are ''steady eddies'' so to speak. Location is a big factor too and I live in basically a rural county with overall low crime.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I know what you mean about location. I live in a nice little village right on the edge of the Pennines but drive 2/3 miles down the road and its a chavfest. I don't think it helps that Manchester is an insurance hotspot.

172 Cup
As said add female drivers or older blokes onto it seems to drop it right down.

However when doing it mix it up - say try your dad at first, then your dad and a sister, then your dad, sister and aunty/uncle (if you have any) then mix it up from there, it might work out cheaper to have your sister and aunty/uncle on it then your dad.

They also don't need to live with you - you're insuring them to use your car when they're home with you!

My friend with 0 ncb on a 172 alone was £2200, add his dad it was £1600, added my cousin dropped it to £1200 - he then removed his dad and it dropped to £1100.

Also try the likes of Adrian Flux, Brentacre and A Plan :p