ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewal Offer

I phoned tmobile to speak to retentions this morning as my contract ends this month.

They offered me a Samsung Galaxy S for free on an 18 month contract - 600mins/500txts/unlimited web for £30 a month.

To be honest I was hoping for more like £20 or £25 a month but then again its only an 18 month contract so i'm not sure whether to go for it or not.

The best alternative I can find is the same bundle but £25 a month on a 24 month contract.

What do you think?

Pretty good deal to get you on an 18mth contract @ £30 p/m for that phone. The RRP is one of the highest for that handset on T-Mobile. The reason they wouldn't of been able to do it on a £25 or below is the handset is on a list of "premium devices" that can't be done for any less than £30 p/m unless there is sufficient discount to cover cost of phone + 18 months of some sort of line rental discount.

Eg: Discount available - £400
Phone Cost - £310
£5 p/m off over 18 mths - £90
Which would bring a £30 tariff down to £25 using the discounts.

I would say with that deal you had a maximum discount of £350 so not enough to cover both. But still a bloody good deal on T-Mobile for an 18 month plan. Also you would get a "Free Booster" aswell so something like Unlim txts, unlim landline calls, unlim tmob calls

Thanks for the respose Krispwee looking at it like that for an 18 month deal thats pretty good. They did mention the free booster but i'll never go over the txts/minutes bundle so it probably won't make any real difference.

They also offered me the Desire on the same deal but I think the screen and Swype on the Galaxy is winning it for me.