ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewal Quote...

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Morning all,

My awaited renawal quote has thru come thru in the post. Not very impressed either. I thought that your insurance is meant to get cheaper each year? Plus I turnt 24 in November 2006, so nearly approaching 25. Anyhow this is my insurance costs from May 2006 - May 2007

Premium = £560.07
IPT Amount** = £30.48
Credit Amount = £590.55
Total Interest* = £50.37
Total Amount = £640.92

* APR is 21.5%
** Insurance Premium Tax is levied by H.M Government

Instalments

First = £106.82 (19.05.06)
Next & subsequent = £53.41 (01.08.06)

---------------------------------------------

Renewal Quote:

Premium = £628.06
IPT Amount** = £34.20
Credit Amount = £662.26
Total Interest* = £56.54
Total Amount = £718.80

* APR is 21.1%
** Insurance Premium Tax is levied by H.M Government

Instalments

First = £59.90 (19.06.07)
Next & subsequent = £59.90 (01.07.06)

---------------------------------------------

So all in all, it's an increase of £77.88 in the premium, or £6.49 per month. This will be by 2nd year of no claims, so any idea why it has gone up in price, rather than down?!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine goes up every year mate . The insurance companies are banking on people just renewing and paying the extra . I always ring round ( internet quotes ) lots of different companies and play them off against each other then when i get a quote that sounds reasonable i get back onto my insurance company . They dropped the quote by £200 , it was also less than i paid the year before :)

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
did you find your broom???

No... lol!

Mine goes up every year mate . The insurance companies are banking on people just renewing and paying the extra . I always ring round ( internet quotes ) lots of different companies and play them off against each other then when i get a quote that sounds reasonable i get back onto my insurance company . They dropped the quote by £200 , it was also less than i paid the year before

Im currently on moneysupermarket.com, having a browse!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Here are the results:

Insurance.gif

Swift cover come out cheapest, but back in Jan 2007, look at the quote I got form Swift cover then:

Swift.gif

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
How do I go about getting proof of my 2 year NCD?

From May 2005 - May 2006 I was with QuinnDirect
From May 2006 - May 2007 I was/am with easyMoney.com
From May 2007 - May 2008 I will be with Swiftcover.com

I need proof of my 2 YEAR NCD, as this is taken from Swiftcover.com website:

If you have an NCD entitlement, we will ask you to provide us with proof. Your NCD and proof must fit the following criteria:
  • Issued by your previous insurer in the UK
  • Less than 12 months old
  • Earned in the UK (not abroad) on a private car
  • In your name as the policyholder
  • NCD can only be used on 1 car at any time

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I've never been asked for proof of my NCD . I guess the only way would be for you to conact your previous insurers as they'll still have your details and ask them to send you proof .

Elise 111R
I've never been asked for proof of my NCD . I guess the only way would be for you to conact your previous insurers as they'll still have your details and ask them to send you proof .

I always ask for a letter stating the latest NCB i have at the end of the year. Just to make sure.

The only time i've been asked to prove was when i insured my old mini which was modded i.e. didnt resemble the mini city it once was everything had been either changed or uprated... :evil:

Best bit was i told them about the engine rework / change over and suspension etc.. then i said its had a slight interior change... explaining the changes and the girl immeadtly pounced on this and said oh.....so you say its had a change of interior... not asking what i had done to the engine and suspension etc... :dapprove: LOL

Also i got a certificate to value the car etc...

but with my other cars being std i didnt have to worry as much?

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Well I emailed them, and got this reply:

[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Dear Mr Williams,[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you for your e-mail.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']To make any contractual changes to your policy including cancellation we must speak to you directly.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Could you please call us on 09063 60 50 40. Our opening times are 8am to 9pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. We are closed on Sundays and Bank Holidays.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']

[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Regards,
[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']
[/FONT][FONT='Verdana','sans-serif']Amy Scatchard
easyMoney Car insurance Internet Support
Telephone 09063 60 50 40
60p per minute/max call cost £9.
Prices correct as at 15/04/05, calls from mobile and other networks may cost more.

Monday to Friday 8am-9pm
Saturday 9am-5pm[/FONT]
[/FONT]

It was so simple, they didn't even question to keep me as a customer, or nothing? It was like, they wasn't bothered, lol. But the girl on the phone, did sound very pleasant!

CLIOpatra, L22EE W™
Changing my car insurance to Swiftcover, has saved me £171.48

Am impressed. Was the cheapest, plus I am was always interested in Swiftcover!

RESULT