ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renewal time - couple of questions

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Ok, so my insurance is up for renewal 2nd June. My renewal has come through from my current insurer and I'm pleasantly suprised by the price. I'm with E-Sure, last year I paid about £370 and this years renewal is £328.77. It breaks down as follows:

Motor premium after deducting 7 years NCB = £300.79

Motor legal protection = £27.98

Total price = £328.77

My questions are as follows;

1) what does the motor legal protection actually provide? In what situation is it going to help? (reads as is it worth it?)

2) I don't currently have my NCB protected, however it does say if I was to have a fault claim during this next 12 months at my next renewal I'll still have 5 years. So again is it worth adding protection for the sake of potentially losing 2 years NCB. At this point I'm unsure how much the extra premium is.

3) My excess is set at £400, £250 voluntary £150 compulsary. Leave as is or lower it?

4) has anyone dealt with e-sure? Are they good insurers if the worst should happen?

Ive done some quotes with other insurers via comparison site, nobody is even close, any suggestions on who else to try?

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
​Ps no posts about how cheap it is, no dodgy s**t or fronting here, just old (well 30) and clean licence with a decent post code! I've paid my share over the years!

e92 330i
If you want a lower excess, then lower it and see how much the policy rises. May only be a couple of quid, which is worth it. Legal cover is worth it, if you have a claim and its disputed, or its an uninsured driver and you have to go to court, whos going to front the initial costs?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
2) I don't currently have my NCB protected, however it does say if I was to have a fault claim during this next 12 months at my next renewal I'll still have 5 years. So again is it worth adding protection for the sake of potentially losing 2 years NCB. At this point I'm unsure how much the extra premium is.

?

if I was you, I'd protect the NCB. It's a bit sad that I feel this way but I really opulent tryst what insurers say.

i honestly wouldn't be surprised if you had a claim and they removed all of your no claims.

Ford Mustang 5.0
1) what does the motor legal protection actually provide? In what situation is it going to help? (reads as is it worth it?)

This is definately worth it, the legal cover side will recover any uninsured losses for you in the event a claim (like your excess, loss of earnings etc). Some legal covers (ours included) will provide you a like for like hire car in the event of a non fault claim and do credit repair to save you paying the excess.

Well worth having even if they charge 10-15% extra it will save you dropping from 5yrs down to 3yrs if the worst occur.

3) My excess is set at £400, £250 voluntary £150 compulsary. Leave as is or lower it?

Depending on your age the excess does sound on the high side.

4) has anyone dealt with e-sure? Are they good insurers if the worst should happen?

Ive done some quotes with other insurers via comparison site, nobody is even close, any suggestions on who else to try?

Not got any personal experience with E-Sure although my in-laws have there car insured with E-sure and they had a claim which was sorted quickly and easily. Only downside they said was the long time holding whenever they called.

Id be happy to take a look at a quote for you to see if we can help organise you a good deal including protected NCB and a lower excess?

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight
01277 376000