ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reno 182 Newsletter

I thought Renault brought out the cup to try and keep pace with the competition at the time, ie CTR & Cooper S, which were rather stealing the 172s limelight........rather than it being just about a cut price 172.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dave182 on 04 December 2003

As far as I am concerned, I have just ordered a 182 with the cup suspension and spoilers for £12500 + £187 + £140 which is cheaper than the RRP of the Cup and will have both the speed, all the toys and the Cups handling, so everything rolled in to one for a price which is less than the Cup, wheres the problem.
Thats cheap... friends & family???

I got my Cup via that route and it was a bargain!

Yes it may be a fraction 0-62 slower than a cup but will look better with twin exhaust, (no need to break manufacturers warranty to change car) have all the luxury of a 172 + some and will perform at track days just as good as a Cup with a good driver behind the wheel versus a medioche cup driver (which I am sure there are some !!!).
Yeah, it wont be much slower than a Cup with that extra power, and with the Cup suspension you also get the handling, plus all the toys, so best all round.

As for the look of the exhaust, some like it, some dont, I do think its ok, but the wheels are not that nice IMO and probably the first (& only) thing Id swap.

It has the whole package. There is only one reason to buy the Cup and that is a lack of Cash, and if you find the right supplier then that isnt a problem as I have found!
Well, if the 182 was available when I got my Cup then Id probably have gone for one of them, but it wasnt, so there was no choice.

Seeing as you cant get a Cup now (well maybe the odd one left) then there is no choice the other way either.

This argument will go on for ever but a car is only as good as its driver.
Very true...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

the Cup on the other hand was reduced in price to get people who couldnt afford the 172 to buy a hot clio
What a load of cr@p...

If I wanted a 172 or a 182 or something else for that matter Id have bought one, as myself and probably most other Cup drivers did not buy them becuase we couldnt afford anything else, but I wanted a Cup over a 172 and there was no 182 at the time, so that left me with only one choice!

Not really likely to sell a 5 month old Cup to get a 182 now though am I

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by Rentaghost on 04 December 2003

I thought Renault brought out the cup to try and keep pace with the competition at the time, ie CTR & Cooper S, which were rather stealing the 172s limelight........rather than it being just about a cut price 172.
Highly likely...

Just like the 182 is a blatent "up yours" to Peugeot and strange how its just 2 more bhp than their recently launched 206 180

A 182 with CUP bits still has those awful wheels so still wont look as good. Plus you compared your cheaply ordered 182 with the retail rrp of the CUP. You can get a CUP for £11k from a lot of places.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 04 December 2003

As far as I am concerned, I have just ordered a 182 with the cup suspension and spoilers for £12500 + £187 + £140 which is cheaper than the RRP of the Cup and will have both the speed, all the toys and the Cups handling, so everything rolled in to one for a price which is less than the Cup, wheres the problem.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

No bought it from http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.comhttp://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com which anyone can buy from and you get a better APR than Renault Finance who have the 182 at 10% and also a better future value as Renaults future value for the 182 is £4300 and Lloyds is £4750. You also get a discount off the options! Bargain

Yes it may be a fraction 0-62 slower than a cup but will look better with twin exhaust, (no need to break manufacturers warranty to change car) have all the luxury of a 172 + some and will perform at track days just as good as a Cup with a good driver behind the wheel versus a medioche cup driver (which I am sure there are some !!!).

It has the whole package. There is only one reason to buy the Cup and that is a lack of Cash, and if you find the right supplier then that isnt a problem as I have found!

This argument will go on for ever but a car is only as good as its driver.

Lack of cash? What planet are you from you complete and utter wa.... Im affraid a 182 is not going to look better than a Cup with those wheels and the twin exhaust (which I have always been told arent the best for making power)

Clio v6

OMG SHould I get a single exhaust put on my V6 ? Damn I am so annoyed I wish I had known about this sooner. Thanks Neil.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

-----------------------------------------------------------------

No bought it from http://www.carselect.lloydstsb.comhttp://www.carselect.lloydstsb.com which anyone can buy from and you get a better APR than Renault Finance who have the 182 at 10% and also a better future value as Renaults future value for the 182 is £4300 and Lloyds is £4750. You also get a discount off the options! Bargain
My mates wife works for LLoyds TSB and she got her car through there and saved a lot on that...

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by dash on 04 December 2003

OMG SHould I get a single exhaust put on my V6 ? Damn I am so annoyed I wish I had known about this sooner. Thanks Neil.
Yeah, a single 5" pipe is the way forward... ;)

Just my opinion, wide o.

Oh i do love these threads!

Personally, the cup was for the "hardcore/diehard" renault fans who wanted something a little rawer than the 172, normally a second car that they can enjoy at the weekends rather than a car they use all the time.

The 182 is bound to be heavier than the 172, simple facts of life, they would have tuned the engine slightly and given people what they wanted, more power, then added more weight and equalled it out, this is what all manufacturers do (in most cases ;)), all you have to do is look at the 80s hot hatch, most of the equivelent cars are not much quicker, and in some cases slower!

Now, i have just bought a new car, i could have bought the top of the range scoob with electric everything for (less) the same price as the official uk version, but mine has more power, no electric windows, no central locking, considerably less soundproofing, less weight (150kg less) looks like nothing but is quicker by quite a margin, so why did i buy one and not the top of the range uk spec?

Because i wanted to, so all those slating the cup owners, i wouldnt, there is nothing in the price and its not about being poorer, its just what they wanted.

Tony

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Quote: Originally posted by Neil82cup on 04 December 2003
Quote: Originally posted by dash on 04 December 2003 OMG SHould I get a single exhaust put on my V6 ? Damn I am so annoyed I wish I had known about this sooner. Thanks Neil. [/QUOTE] Just my opinion, wide o.

As is whats looks better, although apparently that is a fact, not your opinion.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

OMG SHould I get a single exhaust put on my V6 ? Damn I am so annoyed I wish I had known about this sooner. Thanks Neil.

LMFAO.. yes dash get rid of those ugly twin exhausts.. that was like.. so last year.. heh.

Mornin Rich ;)

Shes here, shes near and shes dear but only 200 quid a year more to insure :eek:

MY00 260bhp+ impreza for sale anyone? (11500) :D

Tony

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Got any pics of your new toy then???

Oh, and my mates after a new car, looking at a CTR, but Ill see if hes interested in yours!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by TB11 on 05 December 2003

This is my new toy :D
Mmmmmmm...

Im deffo gonna have to come over and go out in that! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by TB11 on 05 December 2003

If your mate is interested in my turbo then sorted :D, i know someone who does good finance (and if not then they have a ctr in stock ;))
Ill mention your Scoob to him, but he seems set on a CTR, anymore details on that one as I also have another mate after a CTR too...