ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement battery terminal / connectors

Focus ST
Anyone ever replaced their battery terminal connectors ? Mines are all corroded and don’t fit very snug. Was going to head out tomorrow and buy new ones.

I’ve watched a few videos but just to be sure. I presume I can just snip off the old connectors, replace them and it’s good to go 🤔

TheBandit

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco172, Green 1.2
I have used a battery shim on my negative due to the clamp being deformed with age. From what I have seen as long as you have the correct terminals/tools to correctly fit them you are good to go. From a quick search there is the large fuse on the positive terminal to be mindful of: https://www.cliosport.net/threads/clio-182-starter-motor-fuse-and-cable.834787/post-11977420

If it were me I would replace both the terminal clamps and attach the preexisting leads onto that. For the positive at least, the negative only has a short run to the chassis so easy to buy a replacement. Fingers crossed somebody has done this before can chip in with their experience