ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacement gear knob

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I want to replace my manky 172 gear knob and gaitor for a ph1 or ph1 style. I was thinking the Richbrook alloy one would be the simplest option, has anyone else fitted one or recommend doing the complete ph1 mechanism

2014 Clio 200t edc
I’ve fitted both in the past. The ph1 gearstick should come complete as the whole unit so replaces your existing one and was the nicest but also the more difficult of the two having to lower the exhaust slightly to fit it. (Might be able to manoeuvre round it) but was the best for feel in my opinion. The richbrook one is also nice and easier to fit with just cutting off the old gearknob, although I nearly cut my thumb off doing it so be careful. Both very worthwhile things to change.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
In what way it the complete ph1 stick different to the ph2? Is it a different length of throw?

2014 Clio 200t edc
It has more weight to it and just feels better, more positive. Might have been in my mind but it felt good.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I remember mine more for freezing to my hand on frosty mornings but it was a nicer feel