ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing a bulb

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
Yep, headlight went, got a bulb for it, are they easy to replace yourself?

Only had to do it once before and that was on my old Polo which was a bit of a mare!

If it doesn't have AC it's simples.

If it does have AC, you get this.
S5030032.jpg

Yea pretty easy. on a my Mk2 Ph2 anyway.

If i remember right the dipped headlight bulbs just take the rubber cover off, twist then the whole connector comes out and you can pull the bulb out then, put new one in and twist the holder back in.

I think the main beams you take the rubber cover off, pull off the wiring connector and unclip the wire clip and then take the bulb out.

Or it might be the other way round

Last edited:
  Fabia VRS Special Ed
Should just be a case of pulling off the rubber, pulling off the electrical connector, unclip the clip, replace bulb...fitting is reversal of removing...Easy as.

Don't know how the guy up there ^^^ cut his hand, it's a piece of urine lol.

Should just be a case of pulling off the rubber, pulling off the electrical connector, unclip the clip, replace bulb...fitting is reversal of removing...Easy as.

Don't know how the guy up there ^^^ cut his hand, it's a piece of urine lol.

Tried doing it with the climate control unit in the way?

Fabia VRS Special Ed
Tried doing it with the climate control unit in the way?

Some of the cars I have to fit bulbs to are impossible, literally the tightest space in the world with no arch access :(

I'll get some pics of the state of my hands next time I've been in work ;)

RS Clio 172 Cup
Try changing a bulb on a meggie R26. Took me and my mate an hour to replace the side light bulb. Its a case of you cant do it yourself, so you have to take it to renault/other garages who charge you a fortune to replace a 50p bulb.