ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing a UPC on a clio 1.5 DCI 2007

Clio1.5DCI
Hi All,

I'm really hoping for a definitive answer for if it is possible to simply swap out the engine bay fuse/relay/UPC on a Clio 3 without having to get it reprogrammed.

I see lots of them for sale on eBay, some specify that they are 'virginised' others mention that the type of ignition system matters (card vs key etc).
Mines a manual 1.5DCI with a key (Not card). 356231E

Does anyone have and first hand experience with this?

Love my clio for all its foibles (primer bulb is 50% silicone sealant because it keeps perishing just to name one:)) but its old and I wont be able to justify spending renault dealer prices for parts/programming.

I'm replacing the UPC because I have the following faults:.

-No working headlights/front foglight -stalk seems good imo. Fuses not blown and relays for heads /fogs working in another position on the board.

-Ignition wont turn off intermittently. Have to stall car and disconnect battery as it drains it!

What im reading on forums like this one is that it's likely the UPC thst faulty. No signs of water damage however.

Clio 2.0 138hp
No programming needed. Changed mine last year. Its a straight swap just make sure it is the correct one. The one from renault parts direct fitted my 1.5 dci 2006 if that helps

Clio1.5DCI
No programming needed. Changed mine last year. Its a straight swap just make sure it is the correct one. The one from renault parts direct fitted my 1.5 dci 2006 if that helps
Cheers for the info, So you went for a new one rather than a used one then?

Clio 2.0 138hp
Cheers for the info, So you went for a new one rather than a used one then?
I couldnt find a used one that was in good condition that had decent delivery times. I would have bought a used one if i could find one in time. It was just before christmas so i didnt have much choice in the end. As long as you can wait the used ones are fine

Clio1.5DCI
That makes sense, it's things like this conversation that make me hesitant!
Screenshot_20191013-175626_Outlook.jpg

Clio 2.0 138hp
Chatting rubbish mate. It's literally just a box of fuses and relays. I've had one apart before and theres nothing in there to program to your car. Just ebay clio engine fuse box. Forget the UPC thing. Theres one from a proper breakers yard on there I would go for. Just double check the picture matches your old one.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Edited, thought it said uch, which can be repaired quite cheap by tachosoft if needs be.

Clio1.5DCI
UPDATE
jist wanted to update this thread for others looking to find out the answer and to say thanks for the advice from rbeazer and Brigsy.

This absolutely is plug and play. I matched the code in my original thread with a second hand one purchased for £50 from a breakers.

To fit its just a case of removing the battery, battery housing (unclip the battery fuse unit from the housing first); Then its two size 10 nuts and the units out.
All working as expected with zero issues. I now have 12V going to each headlamp and can hear my relays clicking on the fogs and the dipped beam.

Clio 2.0 138hp
UPDATE
jist wanted to update this thread for others looking to find out the answer and to say thanks for the advice from rbeazer and Brigsy.

This absolutely is plug and play. I matched the code in my original thread with a second hand one purchased for £50 from a breakers.

To fit its just a case of removing the battery, battery housing (unclip the battery fuse unit from the housing first); Then its two size 10 nuts and the units out.
All working as expected with zero issues. I now have 12V going to each headlamp and can hear my relays clicking on the fogs and the dipped beam.
No problems mate. I would recommend that you double check the inside of the case it sits in. Often gathers water in the bottom because the seal round the outside is damaged. That's how the water gets in there and ruins them. Worth a check to find any issues before it happens again.