ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Replacing non-airbag seats with airbag seats...

Renault Clio 1.5dCi 80hp
Another "help" post from a long-time lurker!

Hubby has been to the scrapyard this afternoon from some parts for his Zafira, and found a Clio II Billabong with a mint interior in it... He showed me a picture and it's much nicer than my horrible grey one!! As I need two new front seats to get my car through the MOT in September, he's paid a deposit on it and goes to collect it tomorrow!! :D

Only potential issue he said was that my current seats don't have airbags and these seats do, so he's not going to wire them up in case it needs a new airbag computer or the current one reprogramming or something?? I would like the airbags to be wired in if possible, so do I need to take my car to Renault after he's put them in?

My original seats didn't have airbags, and I fitted some Clio sport seats which do have airbags.
Even though I wired them up exactly the same, yes my airbag light stays on. I just can't be bothered to do anything about it lol.

Renault Clio 1.5dCi 80hp
Husband says thats to do with the resistance in the circuit being changed by the extra airbags???? I don't know!! He said something about needing it set up by the dealers, is there any way to avoid this? My local Renault garage are rubbish at pretty much everything and cost a fortune!