ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reset check imisions light ???

clio 197
can any one tell me how to or if you can reset the check imisions warning light on the dash.
i disconected the grey plug from what i thought maybe the acustic valve.went for a quick drive round the block but the warning light came on.i pluged it back in but light wont go.
i phoned renault and they want to book it in and have the car all day just to reset it ?
any help please...

car drives fine and they said will be ok to drive till its reset...
thanks...jase.

RSC 182 Cup
ecu reset might do it. Do a search for "ecu reset" the thread will be a week old at the most.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
Certain error codes clear themselves after 3 clear starts. Give it a couple of days and take it from there.

clio 197
so to reset the ecu i disconect the negative terminal of the battery for 20mins.
will i lose my remap by doing this ?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
You can disconnect your ECU and it does sometimes clear the error codes. You will not lose your remap this way.

I would try 3 clear starts first. Take it out, drive for 5 mins, stop for 30 seconds then restart. do this 3x and I reckon it should clear the error unless something else is at fault.

clio 197
just to let people know this works on the 197.
i disconted the negative on the bat for 20 mins and it cleared the fault.
but came up with traction disabled,to it for a spin and 100 yards up the road traction reset itself.
cheers for all the help....:star:

a bit peed that renault wanted to have the car all day though just to do that.:S

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It also works if you leave it for couple of days. Mine usually goes off after its restarted around 10times.

The light also went off by itself after a while when the de-cat was fitted.

Can the valve on the 197 not be disconnected then?

clio 197
It also works if you leave it for couple of days. Mine usually goes off after its restarted around 10times.

The light also went off by itself after a while when the de-cat was fitted.

Can the valve on the 197 not be disconnected then?

it didn't seem to make any difference to the sound or power.so tbh wouldnt bother.
i left it connected and got a mate to rev the car and couldnt see the valve even moving,but tbh dont know if it should when its stood not in gear.?

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
On mine it did sound a little different with it off. Didn't really have any noticeable gain in power though.