ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respectable alloys?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
I have been looking around in the mags and on the internet for alloys that i might be able to afford to replace the 14" steels that come with the car.

can anyone recommend any respectable alloys/makes because the only ones i can sspot that look affordable seem to be tsw, team dynamics and some wolfrace, but im not sure if these are the cheap and sh1tty products?

any info for an amateur? (im keen though!)

172 M69 eater
makes uv mentioned are ok middle of the road types... what actual models are u lookin at?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
well ive been lookin to spend around £400 before the cost of fitting(whatever that would be, i expect bout £100??) also because the cost of lowering the car is worrying me! i thought it was a cheap easy thing to do!?

anyway! its a black clio and i was thinking of black alloys (with a polished lip preferebly) so ive seen wolfrace street octane (price from £79 at demon tweeks) momocorse (from £99.99 demon tweeks) team dynamics driftx? or diablo (which is only 17 0r 18", im not sure if that would be practical on my car??.

those are a few ive seen that are in this demon tweek brochure infront of me anyway, what do you think?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
boys! (or girls, im not sexist) i honestly dont have a clue! ive heard all about fitting the alloys f**king up the balance and alignment or something and i dont know what that is or how to fix it! and say if i got 17", would they fit without any body work needin doing?

172 M69 eater
im a boy ;)

the alloys come balanced if new and your allignment is to do with your car, not your alloys!! u can tell if its out if your steering wheel isnt level..

what years ur car? 17's will slow a 1.2 down to f**k!!

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
i thinks its 2006, a clio campus i get it next month.
what size do you think? by the way, how does it affect insurance?

172 M69 eater
u have to declare them and probably pay a one off charge...

erm well 17's would suit the bigger car but it would b v v slow!! would need deckin too or it will look like a 4x4!! u thought bout lowering first?

www.renparts.co.uk
get yourself some dynamique alloys or some 172 alloys......
if you like aftermarket keep it pretty
OZ supertourismos or other multispokes often look tidy without being OTT.

Oyster Card
Mate seriously fit them yourself, surely you've changed a wheel before... it's exactly the same as that.
Nothing to do with alignment or tracking whatever. you remove four bolts steelie off alloy on three new bolts and one locking nut on, ten mins per wheel taking it steady.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
lol! ive never changed a wheel before! this will be my first car (i know its hard to tell, given my knowledge!)

do you have a pic of those supertourismos? i think i will get black ones, because i think im gonna get the black think going on with those black lexus lights and all that! :S

i thought i shouldnt get it lowered until the alloys get done? is that not the case, no? how much did it cost you lot to lower your cars? i seen the kits cost around £400. then how much to get it done?

sorry lads! loads of questions!

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Blue4Ever said:
15's or 16's only IMO. Do the alloys come with tyres on?

ive seen that you can get alloys without tyres or in a package with the tyres, i would go for the package just to keep it all simple i think!

thinking of that, i might wait until my tyres neeed replacing before getting alloys and bigger wheels? is that good economcal sense?!! lol

D

dick

£100 is a cheap price,

il change um for £90 as a favour tho.
takes a few hours like......

just messin

Chocolate Bar™
15's or 16's although i'd keep my eye out on the forum or on ebay for a cheap set of good quality alloys, maybe 172 alloys, etc etc.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
lowering the car is piss easy as well, you looking around £80 for some springs then either lower it yourself or your looking at usually £25 per pigtail to be fitted...and yeah 17's will fit on easily with it lowered 60mm+ as for as i kno, kmine is lowered 60mm and 17's are fine.

i say 15's and 16's maybe if you want to keep the optimum size for speed in your car but seen as though you have a 1.2 like me...STUFF IT!!!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
There are some 15" Rota Slipstreams on ebay at the moment for £360. If I were going for 15s that's what I'd get... However the 16s with the tyres I want are £750 all in.... Might just.... not .... for the moment:clown:

BMW Z4 3.0i
I agree with Joshydee. I'd just get some 15" dynamique ones. You watch eBay for a while you'll find some nearly new, unmarked ones with newish contis on for under £300.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
i heard that just getting springs, halves the life of your shock absorbers so its better to get the kit?

see that swt, is there a place like that up in scotland?

ar1_black.jpg
this is something like what i want, £450 with the tyres

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
easy p said:
lol! ive never changed a wheel before! this will be my first car (i know its hard to tell, given my knowledge!)

do you have a pic of those supertourismos? i think i will get black ones, because i think im gonna get the black think going on with those black lexus lights and all that! :S

i thought i shouldnt get it lowered until the alloys get done? is that not the case, no? how much did it cost you lot to lower your cars? i seen the kits cost around £400. then how much to get it done?

sorry lads! loads of questions!
To be honest bud, I was in your position too when my tire got a puncture when I was 400 miles away from home. It realy is a peice of p*ss though. Your new car will come with everything you need to change the wheels, so yu don't need any new special equipment. When you get your alloys, just tell us you need a hand and I'm sure either myself or someone can guide you through it. Once you've changed one, its the exact same for the other 3 anyway, so not such a big job as your probably thinking.

BMW Z4 3.0i
It's as simple as this:

1)Crack wheel nuts (loosen them very slightly)
2)Jack up one corner
3)remove all four wheelnuts from that corner
4)remove old wheel
5)fit new wheel
6)put new wheel nuts on finger tight
7)lower jack
8)Tighten wheel nuts, (do opposites and then check going around the clock)

Repeat for the other 3 corners.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
wheelbasedirect seems a good site.

locking nuts, how much are they?

does anyone have photoshop that could do me a favour? :D

172 M69 eater
easy p said:
wheelbasedirect seems a good site.

locking nuts, how much are they?

does anyone have photoshop that could do me a favour? :D

£30/40 but better than losing your wheels!!

what do u need shoppin?

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
well i wouldnt mind seeing how this kind of style looks on a black mk2:
(if this doesnt work - black with polished rim)

ar1_black.jpg

STREETOCTANE.jpg

black%20monza.jpg

if thats possible it would be appreciated!

A well built VW
Where in Scotland are you buddy ?

Lowering costs £50ish (thats what it cost me) and £20 for alignement/tracking adjusted. I had just springs fitted to my clio and after 2 years the shocks where still fine if you can afford it for the small amount extra (Apex 40mm kit is around £250) it makes a big difference - try www.motorsportworld.co.uk

Wheels fit them yourself you cant fcuk it up honestly

Plenty of good cheap places nut have you got a local motor world as they do end to do some good prices for certain alloys - or topgear/wheelbase/SWT/Rochford tyres etc

white 197 CUP
u can do it all ur self m8, its probs easier then chancing the headlight bulb fitting an alloy get sum multi spokes they look sweet
if i sell my car and dont get another clio then il pm u, u can have em for a price after iv cleaned them up etc

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
The Big Yin said:
Where in Scotland are you buddy ?

Lowering costs £50ish (thats what it cost me) and £20 for alignement/tracking adjusted. I had just springs fitted to my clio and after 2 years the shocks where still fine if you can afford it for the small amount extra (Apex 40mm kit is around £250) it makes a big difference - try www.motorsportworld.co.uk

Wheels fit them yourself you cant fcuk it up honestly

Plenty of good cheap places nut have you got a local motor world as they do end to do some good prices for certain alloys - or topgear/wheelbase/SWT/Rochford tyres etc

i stay in ayr in the summer, hamilton the rest of the days. what about you mate?

well i think id go for thekit then, so i am going to start saving for the alloys and the kit while i wear out the first set of tyres, that makes economical sense to my student wallet! how long do you think it will take for them to wear out? get the car in 4 weeks.

where did you take it to get lowered?

Chocolate Bar™
these are the octanes you wanted a photoshop of, loved these alloys looked better in real life to be honest :)

0245.gif

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
not too sure if it's just renaultsport models but i tought the Clio did have a particular alignment issue with the wheels. they're offset, as I say though I'm not sure if it applies to non sport models.

Renault Clio Campus 1.2
Middo said:
these are the octanes you wanted a photoshop of, loved these alloys looked better in real life to be honest :)

0245.gif

yeah i like the look of that mate! what size are those in the pic?

CUE - do you mean an alignment issue woth the octanes or with any new wheels?? is it something that canbe sorted?

Chocolate Bar™
easy p said:
yeah i like the look of that mate! what size are those in the pic?

CUE - do you mean an alignment issue woth the octanes or with any new wheels?? is it something that canbe sorted?

the pic is of 15'' ones, but if they come in a 16'' i'd have gone for them. didnt at the time, so im not sure now.

when fitting aftermarket alloys, its going to be difficult to judge on the new clio what the perfect offset is, so just buy some that are as close to the original offset as possible.