ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respray - Yes or No???

Lionel Richie
thinking about having the car painted either Audi Nimbus Grey, or that V6 clio Lunar grey

any ideas on cost?? i'm thinking £2K

I'd get a better engine in first :)

But no, your car looks great there are better things to spend that sort of money on.

Golf GTI 1.8T
why not go for something a bit different?? lol

normal_e0770903.jpg

Newer mustangs are more of a true blue, older ones seem to be like an aqua blue. Like with a hint of green. I like it, you may not...:quiet:

E91 M Sport
You could paint it that shitty grey colour yourself couldn't you?

Save yourself a couple of grand but unfortunately you'd still be left with a flat and horrible coloured car ;)

I may have some Dulux soft peach or magnolia lying around in the garage if you want some? Plus a nice layer of varnish. Definately different!

Lots of Alfas
Its a lot of money but I think the grey would look good. Have you considered all over white (although could be a b**ch to spray over black).

Lionel Richie
this is the thing, i'm debating between white or eiher a grey colour, for a full respray i'd pay £2K no bother, you get what you pay for

Clio Williams
Grey would not really be the colour that I would go for, the old fiesta si's had a aubergine colour that looks great especialy when new and and shiney it looks even better ;). Anyway it is your car but go to a few bodyshops and ask what price for a cash deal. I reckon that it will be only about £1000 maybe cheaper if you have no actual repairs to be done. Good Luck anyway.

Chocolate Bar™
^^^ lmao and hand over a years wages ;) seriously though, grey would look great with black wheels, think 2k's a bit much tbh with it being a standardish colour, but then again it all depends on the quality of the work etc etc. also are you having your engine bay done? if not that will bring down the price a tonne especially with it soon being full of engine ;)

Lee

BMW M2C
Stop wasting money on paint and get the f**king engine in it.;)

I like Luner grey, but it's just got to be white.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Fred personally - i'd get it done white. But, aside from that, theres a dark red metallic I think, from Chrysler which looks really smart too.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Two shite choices of colour...Tho i'm not surprised! The lunar grey looks like primer!

Hopefully i am gonna get a full respray soon, and i was considering grey, think it will look mint with black alloys and tints

You do usually get what you pay for but 2k :eek:

for a full respray i wouldnt pay any less than 1500 quid..

theres people out there that can do it for 600.. but it will be SHITE

you get what you pay for..

ive had enough bodyshop woes to last me a life time..

basically i went somehwere who were supposed to be good. got loads of work done for 800 quid..

(woulda cost about 1500-2k at local place)

the filler had all sank within 2 hours of picking it up, orange peal paint, overspray all over my wheels, runs in the laquer, etc.. basically brand new set of wheels ruined as they tried to polish the overspray off and it sent my wheels all dull, and whole car needed stripping and flatting back to the metal and respraying from scratch if it was to have a proper job. (im a perfectionist)
i just left it as it was..

Lionel Richie
well considering i'm happy spending £600 just to have the drivers side painted my sprayer isn't exactly cheap, but he's perfect

he's painted both mine and Has's clios and we've both won Cliosport car of the year ;)

no disrespect to your sprayer Fred but ive seen ALOT of 'show winning' cars that are herendous..

this goes out to everyone..
the people who FUCKED my car up, had MANY max power/redline/revs feature cars.. they look fine in photos.. get up close to them and they have spoilers stuck on with black mastik all the way round it, cracks in the paintwork, orange peal all over, gaps all over the place, runs, patches of missing paint/laquer etc.. although i see myself as a perfectionist and i tend to notice all these things..

in my eyes its quality not quantatiy but alot of the other people in the car world just want big wheels big arches and big spoilers, whether it looks s**t or not doesnt matter..

you've obviously got a bloke that you can trust so only use him..

my local's (immingham spraybay) are REALLY good. do hondas race bikes, do bikes sent from america, ireland etc, do all the Seats that come in through the local dock that get damaged, etc but theyre quite expensive and can sometimes take their time.. i just wish i went there in the first place instead of being attracted by a cheap quote from someone else who could do the car in 5 days.... oh and the main reason i went with the other s**t bodyshop was because many people had said they were so good.. yet all their cars upclose that i later saw were laughable.

my advice to anyone.. make sure you see ALOT of examples of a bodyshops work before you hand your car over.. oh and pay by cheque instead of cash.. least you can make it bounce if the work is s**t.. lol

www.10sax.co.uk/xxx for pics of my old car..

Lionel Richie
i get what you mean Guy, but don't worry i can be the biggest perfectionist going!!

and WTF did they do to your car? spray it with a rattle can?

Fred2001Dynamic said:
i get what you mean Guy, but don't worry i can be the biggest perfectionist going!!

and WTF did they do to your car? spray it with a rattle can?

lol.. in their professional booth

the people that worked there looked like people off the local council estate.. i was actually quite scared leaving my car there as they looked so shady..

think i coulda done a better job with a rattle can.

my mate sprayed my arches/doorpanels and sideskirts in his back garden in the middle of winter with his compressor and the paintwork was better than xxx's