ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Respraying Front Diamond

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
I sprayed my diamond black a few months ago, im going to respray it grey now. Do I need to sand it down before priming it? Or will it be ok if I prime straight over it?

I lacquered it last time I painted it, but I didnt bother sanding it down the first time I just primed straight over it and painted.

N/A Currently
always best to sand it down.

Just start from scratch again, that way you cant go wrong, as long as you've sanded it down well enough, you'll be fine!

Dont rush it though, I did and I made a mess!

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
always best to sand it down.

Just start from scratch again, that way you cant go wrong, as long as you've sanded it down well enough, you'll be fine!

Dont rush it though, I did and I made a mess!

What went wrong with yours to make it a mess?

Im just worried that If i dont sand it down properly it will look a mess, could you just prime it or would it not stick to it properly?

White Evo V
the sanding is just for a key so that the paint sticks! If last time you painted straight over the chrome im very suprised that it hasnt flaked off! You always always always have to sand anything before painting it, whether its been painted before or not! If its shiney paint wont stick! paint sticks to dull and rough surfaces not shiny smooth surfaces! Trust me, im a painter!