ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro-Fit Cruise Control

Clio Mk3
Hi all,

After a week of driving the A11/M11 to London Town for work without Cruise Control, I have decided to investigate retro-fitting this into my 2007 1.4 Petrol Dynamique Clio. After opening the Air Bag Disable Switch Cover (sorry for not using correct Lingo) and there appears to be a cable there either for Cruise Control / Cruise Limit or Disabling ESP. I didn't go deeper into the car as I didn't have the time to remove the dash.

I am guessing the wiring for Cruise control is in place? But was never connected?

I added rear speakers to back of the car as the option was never selected but the wiring for them was all there so just needed me to plug in speakers and off I went, so my theory is the Clio is Plug&Play?

If I buy the cruise control/limit switch and the steering wheel controls for setting speed will the car detect this and work?
Speaking of steering wheel, if I buy the controls and take apart the wheel (YouTube & Haynes Manual help a lot) will there be a place to clip/screw the controls too?

There isn't anywhere that says 'This is how to do it' so if no one has done it before then I will be happy to be that guy that attempts to do it!

I hope this helps, if anyone has done this before please let me know what you did. I live in the Cambridge area so if you have done this before and fancy lending a hand please do say.

Thanks,

Nick

(Attached Pictures: Mystery Connector, two blanked buttons that are identical to my Clio for headlight height and dial brightness + two blanked controls, Steering Wheel Controls and ideally switches for Cruise Control/Limit and ESP)

IMG_20180513_154019.jpg

Cable Connector
s-l1600.jpg

My current status of switches

s-l1600 2.jpg

Cruise Control Cruise Limit and ESP + Lighting Controls

s-l1600 3.jpg

Steering Wheel control

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is your 1.4 a fly-by-wire throttle system??

because if not I don't think this will work.

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Having done this on a few ph2s I would say this is probably possible. I trust this was an option from factory. If meganes or other clios using the same ECU have cruise you will be able to do it. You may find your missing the wiring in the engine bay but connect everything and give it a go. In the past for ph2 I have had to activate the function in CLIP and I'd say you'll probably have to do the same. The digital dash will probably need reprogramming too.

Do you already have a clutch swtich? Your squib probably doesn't have a cruise control plug at the moment.