ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Retro Rides Gathering 2021

Retro Rides Gathering 2021
Posted by Adey.
Shelsley walsh
Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 08:00 AM
Until: Sunday, August 22, 2021 - 05:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
So its one calendar month till Retro Rides Gathering. One month to get your cars prepped and ready to travel to Shelsley Walsh in Worcester for one of the biggest and best meet ups of the year. A super chilled out show with plenty to see and a wide variety of classic, retro, modified and concourse vehicles to look at. The hill climb will also be running so there's some track action to watch too. The show itself is held on the 22nd of August. If you fancy a club stand pass for your pre 2001 (older style number plate) Renault order yourself a ticket from https://www.retroridesgathering.com/ and then drop me a message with your name and address. Please be aware these passes are limited. If you could confirm your attendance on this forum post also it will help me keep all the info in one place https://turborenault.co.uk/threads/retro-rides-gathering-2021.177908/page-2#post-1203641

SCJM21

ClioSport Club Member
  200T
I've never been before and always wanted to go, I've bought a day ticket, can't wait!

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm going in the E34, even applied to take it up the hill, eventhough my Ph1 qualifies for the pre-2001 rule and will be better suited to the hill climb! But where is the fun in that.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone know what the deal with the track time? I've been short listed and about to order but it is £50. Is that £50 for one run or several runs? If it is for one run it is not worth it. If it is for 3 or more then yeah I can see it being worth while.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Sure the last time I went I saw cars going up a few times. It isn't clear on the email or booking page. Not a member of the forum and there doesn't seem to be any questions on the track time thread there.

chazza114

ClioSport Club Member
So its one calendar month till Retro Rides Gathering. One month to get your cars prepped and ready to travel to Shelsley Walsh in Worcester for one of the biggest and best meet ups of the year. A super chilled out show with plenty to see and a wide variety of classic, retro, modified and concourse vehicles to look at. The hill climb will also be running so there's some track action to watch too. The show itself is held on the 22nd of August. If you fancy a club stand pass for your pre 2001 (older style number plate) Renault order yourself a ticket from https://www.retroridesgathering.com/ and then drop me a message with your name and address. Please be aware these passes are limited. If you could confirm your attendance on this forum post also it will help me keep all the info in one place https://turborenault.co.uk/threads/retro-rides-gathering-2021.177908/page-2#post-1203641

I've got a Y-reg ph1 172, would that be old enough to get me on the club stand (if you have any spaces left)?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
You will get a few runs up. I enjoyed it last time, ive paid up for afternoon slot.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Bit far for me this time, but would love to go to this. RR is such a great forum. I love the eclectic mix of cars.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
Does anyone know what the deal with the track time? I've been short listed and about to order but it is £50. Is that £50 for one run or several runs? If it is for one run it is not worth it. If it is for 3 or more then yeah I can see it being worth while.
You should expect a minimum of 3 runs unless there's a big crash or oil drop, every time I have been I have had three, a couple of times I turned down a fourth too. It's about a minute per run, it's REALLY steep and be really careful under the trees especially if its wet/damp.

B-shaw557

ClioSport Club Member
You'll get 3/4 runs probably
And a LOT of waiting around.

Done the hill twice now in 2 different cars, it's good fun but you do literally waste half the day waiting.
I'm looking forward to being able to walk around and see everything at a nice pace and watch the hill with a beer in hand.

It's a shame shelsey dont do any sort of RWYB events, this is the only event I've found that caters to just running random cars up the hill.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not doing the hill climb now, for the cost and doing it in a big red barge is not really worth it, although doing a hill climb is something I would like to do in the Clio. And yes, seeing a timetable there does appear to be a lot of waiting and I don't think the girlfriend would appreciate hanging about on her own and I want to have a look at the cars!

Also children's tickets, what is the deal? Says under 17's free but can't see an option on their website. Presume as it is free you don't need one?

Adey.

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty sure you just rock up with the kids tbh, I have dine previously and just paid extra for the wife.
I enjoy going around the paddock but I can see how sticking close to the car could be a pain for viewing anything else there.

DaveL485

ClioSport Club Member
  21T, 9T, Meglio, V6
I enjoy going around the paddock but I can see how sticking close to the car could be a pain for viewing anything else there.
It's not too bad as you have plenty of cars in the paddock to look at and plenty of people to talk to. It's very friendly and i've had some great convo's with people about my car and/or their cars.