ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Returning Old Member

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
Hi Guys, been registered for many years since my first valver maybe 6 or 7 years ago, and lost touch with clios.
Tried a ph1 172 couple years back and hated everything about it. Then about 7months ago when looking for a cheap runaround, I bought a totally standard 172 in flame red and have found an enormous passion for these little cars!!
I now realise the first 172 was a tired old girl as the flame red was pokey and light and fun and just brilliant.
Anyway... She's now for sale, been replaced today with a 182 with both cup packs in (trophy I think?) blue.
Over the moon, so thought I'd get back on here and say hello!!
Here's the 182:
d92a4bad-3367-7ca4.jpg

The flame red 172:
d92a4bad-33a1-6dbd.jpg

And the ph1 172:
d92a4bad-341d-ab91.jpg

Well that's a very warm welcome, haha! Tbh I'm not the best at saying hello when newbies arrive either.
That aside, look forward to being part of the forum, again! Cheers!!

Marky_

ClioSport Club Member
Welcome back :)

182's came in Arctic blue. How come you hated the Ph1? The lowness and wheels give it a rough ride?

Hey guys, I'm not too sure why now to be fair, yes it was very low and I think that and the 17" upset the handling maybe? Plus it was meant to have been remapped and cam'd but it really felt much slower and lazier than either of the other 2... And VERY loud, head ache inducing levels at any speed.
Did look nice though :)