ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev limit 'beep'

Clio RS 200 Cup
Hi - picked up a Clio RS 200 Cup (10 plate) Friday. Does/should this model have the audible beep for optimal gear change please?

Clio RS 200 Cup
Thanks S - I have taken it just beyond 6000rpm (didnt want to blow engine on first weekend!) so when does it do it please?

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i cant remember exactly but im sure its about 7400rpm, its a good bit higher than a 172 shift light!

if you've only taken it to 6000rpm then you havn't felt the car really pull they go mental the last 1000rpm

RB 182
I think so mate, a green gear stick pops up on my dash when it's near the red line.

Last edited:
  Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Can you turn it off !? :S That would drive me insane... especially on track !

Don't notice it at all on the road (If I'm honest, I very very rarely feel the need to rev that high on the road!) - If anything I quite liked it when I was on track, was my first time so a bit nervous, nothing like looking a tit bouncing off the limiter lol

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Mine beeps, I've never noticed the rev light on mine though not that I pay attention

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I cant believe some people buy a performance n/a car and don't use the engine the way it was intended, my 172 feels sluggish on a spirited drive unless im using the FULL rev range, my 200 was even worse, they REALLY need revved!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Knows. I get that the engine characteristic makes it nicer to drive normally than say a 1.6 Clio but I can't imagine not knowing what a car feels like to accelerate. I doubt I'd buy a car before seeing how fast it gets up to at least 80!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
RB320 is the headgasket that fails isn't it due to turbo being too close/hot for it!?

back on topic, as much as I blew a clio 200 engine up, they generally are reliable my 2nd engine was a cracker!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
LOL at not going above 6k?!

You've bought a 197/200, but only ever use 180 bhp at the most.

Pointless.

The limiter keeps the engine safe, the revs are there to be used. The beep is so you can use them while keeping your eyes on the road.

Not revving it to the limiter out at least once in a while makes you 100% female. The end.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
You need to stretch it's legs, they actually respond better to it IMO, makes them a stronger lump. Once warm of course ;)

As with most of you guys I'm shocked u buy this type of car and not even once revved it out lol my 182 loved revs and my 200 is the same even more so with the akrapovic fitted :) live a little lads theses cars are built for it lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
LOL at not going above 6k?!

You've bought a 197/200, but only ever use 180 bhp at the most.

Pointless.

The limiter keeps the engine safe, the revs are there to be used. The beep is so you can use them while keeping your eyes on the road.

Not revving it to the limiter out at least once in a while makes you 100% female. The end.

because most 197/200s make book power.

but i see what you're saying