ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rev limit dropped?

Clio 172mk2
have u modified the car at all , also how long has the car been running before u tried pushing it

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Mine limits early until it really warmed up, Even if its been running for a while you still have to push it closer and closer to the limiter before you get full rev range

only mods on car is a sports cat and full system, Um the car had not been running that long thinking about it but engine temp was at normal temp "half way"? suppose it could be that?

Even if mine is sitting on the half way mark it takes a few goes at progressivly increasing the revs before I can use the full rev range, Warm it up and go for a rag for 20 mins if you cant get it to rev right up by then, maybe you have a problem.

172 Cup
As Evo said the guage you're looking at show the water temp NOT the oil temp which is a more accurate reflection of the engine temp.

cock mobile.
It takes a long time to warm the engine up before it lets you hit the higher rev limit.

I think that is a good thing though.

i read on a forum before that the clio 172 does 121mph in 4th before revs cut out is this true? as i tried and mine cut at about 111mph.