ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rev limit question!!!

Leon Cupra 300
I've got a cup but when does the limiter cut in?

I'm sure its gone to well over 7 before but just when ive been out in it it cut in at 6750, the only thing i thought was it musn't be fully warmed up :eek: is this right?

thanks in advance ladies:cool:

Leon Cupra 300
thanks for that.. id been driving 10 minutes through town first then onto the bypass when i opened it up so thought it was well warm, the needle was in the middle on temp!

is there any way of knowing if its warm enough or do you just have to try it on, but feel bit guilty for doin it!

so whats the limit when it is warm? 7250?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not sure what the limit changes to when it warms up, I've only ever hit it once by accident! 10minutes driving should have been enough to warm it up though...

Der Panzer
philmots said:
thanks for that.. id been driving 10 minutes through town first then onto the bypass when i opened it up so thought it was well warm, the needle was in the middle on temp!

is there any way of knowing if its warm enough or do you just have to try it on, but feel bit guilty for doin it!

so whats the limit when it is warm? 7250?

The needle is your coolant temp, not your oil temp. You need a good 15 - 20 minutes of normal driving to warm the engine up.

tiTTy & SV650
the limiter is at different RPM in each gear too, in 1st it'll bounce of 6500/6750 when cold, instead of 7250 - that's just 1st. Can't remember the other gears.

172 cup'd extreme
it takes about 10 minutes of enthusiastic driving AFTER the water temp needle hits the middle for the oil to be 70-75 degC i consider that to be warmed up

tiTTy & SV650
yes but you dont need that to tell u u just hit the limiter.

the shift light comes on when you should change up i.e. just before the limiter, but if you wait for it its too late IMO. go by feel and experience every time.

Monaco Blue 172
rory182 said:
yes but you dont need that to tell u u just hit the limiter.

the shift light comes on when you should change up i.e. just before the limiter, but if you wait for it its too late IMO. go by feel and experience every time.
eek. does that mean i've damaged something then :dead: lol

tiTTy & SV650
no not at all, just means you've waited too long to change and lost out on some power.

oh and for your profile, its Monaco blue, not williams blue

Leon Cupra 300
If someone knows what its set at in each gear it be great? im sure ive had it hit limiter 6.5k in 1st not on full throttle though. <must take it easier>

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
Love a bit of limiter action now and again! Sounds great with decat/zorst!!!
Got mine mapped at 7800 now.

I was wonderin would it be very impossible to do some wiring that would let you know when the oil is warm enought and limiter is at 7250 and 7000rpm. Something like Honda guys have done to have Vtec-light.(stupid and useless..)
Just to let you know you can rev it and if done properly it might be "cool" feature.

tiTTy & SV650
oil temp guages can be fitted, do a search.

or just wait 15mins before abusing the car lke the rest of us?