ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev Limiter cutting in early

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
Searched the threads,clueless what to do,

recently car lacking grunt a bit,wont hit rev limiter like it used to

cts and thermostat and temp gauge are fine,could this be dodgy injector or coil,its also missing on cold from 1700rpm if foot held down for a minute or two.This has had 98ron map and wasnt doing it until now any help as nobody local to me to help

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
it should be 7500 with rs tuner its hitting not even stock limit,also can only get just after 80 in third,where before id get 90 in third ,thanks

dan's cast offs.
wouldn't worry about it not hitting the limiter, will of stopped making power a bit before it anyway:wink:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
thanks the cup is only driven a few times every week maybe lack of use and the cold is the problem

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
yeh im baffled,2 new coolant sensors,3 thermostats.pipes are hot,heaters are hot etc,i noticed vibration on the gearstick at idle and wondered coil pack maybe,sometimes car surges and feels lean like a fuel problem

clio 172 cup
it should be 7500 with rs tuner its hitting not even stock limit,also can only get just after 80 in third,where before id get 90 in third ,thanks
That's quite low I get 100 in third my gear shift light comes on about 75000 rpm but I change up before that just feel like red lining it is not good for the car

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
i was testing to see if i had correctly mapped the car with the rs tuner as it raises the limit,not to be a chav lol,the 5k kick has gone garage are going to check coils,injectors and fuel pump next week free of charge so cant moan

clio 172 cup
i was testing to see if i had correctly mapped the car with the rs tuner as it raises the limit,not to be a chav lol,the 5k kick has gone garage are going to check coils,injectors and fuel pump next week free of charge so cant moan
That's good mate since I have put the fatty induction kit on my 5k kick is not as strong

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
ha ha and im changing the exhaust to a full ktec stealth supersports so gonna carry pack of aspirins in the car next week

dan's cast offs.

thought the difference at 5k was on standard map the car going on to open loop, with rs tuner it runs open loop all the time? could be wrong though.

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi bloke prior to the rs tuner youd get a big kick up the back at 5k,now its barely there

dan's cast offs.
hi bloke prior to the rs tuner youd get a big kick up the back at 5k,now its barely there

that's what i said about lambda running open loop after 5k with standard ecu, run it open loop all the time and voila...no change in fuelling at 5k.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Pretty sure it's only under best power situations you'd get pants fuel consumption if it ignored the lambda all the time.

If you uploaded a map file you can't map it wrong. It either loads, doesn't or bricks your ECU. Loaded a map to my 206 diesel in a similar way. Although a hike of 50lbs/ft on a diesel is pretty noticeable so I knew it worked!

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
thanks it drives better i messaged fast chip he said its not the map wrong but something in the car playing up french crap lol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
what did you say mate,cant hear ya,actually cant wait to get it fitted sad i know

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
yeh Renault cardiff my dad knows the boss so clip is half price still a lot though but might come to this,would take it to dansjm but he really busy i believe

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
i know mate,gotta stop spending money on the car,but its too addictive

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
true but i also got ocd with detailing so the cup gets too much spent on it,might sell it and get a mint 205 gti again flol

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
took the cup out for an hour,got up to temp,and car revs to standard figures,could be possible i didnt remap with the rs tuner correctly,i sold it so cant look to see?