ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rev Range

1.5 dci 106 Clio
Just a quick question - What is the ideal rev range for maximum fuel economy for a diesel?
I know its not the most interesting topic, but I know for a petrol (well I was told) that its 3,000 revs to make the car the most fuel efficient.

If it makes a difference I drive a 1.5 dci 106.

Ste

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
It varies from car to car, not all petrols are most efficient at 3000 revs it really depends on the engine, some petrol cars would be on the turbo at 3k revs which is obviously gonna drink fuel.

Why on earth are you worried about maximum fuel economy, your diesel is probably already getting what, 700 miles to a tank, thats over twice what 172's get lol.

LY V6 & Fiesta ST
In some eco friendly article i was reading, done by the RAC iirc, for a petrol car at least, they recommend changing gear by about 2000 RPM. But i feel the other ~5500 revs would feel left out and would be an insult to those at dieppe not to use them. From this i would assume that the lost possibly revs you can get away with using for required purpose.

1.5 dci 106 Clio
It varies from car to car, not all petrols are most efficient at 3000 revs it really depends on the engine, some petrol cars would be on the turbo at 3k revs which is obviously gonna drink fuel.

Why on earth are you worried about maximum fuel economy, your diesel is probably already getting what, 700 miles to a tank, thats over twice what 172's get lol.

tyranical, I was just curious! Thats it.

My journey times getting to work might be going up from 10 minutes to about 1 hour (hence a diesel engine) so if I can get 700 miles out of a full tank I would be absolutely made up!!