ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse Light sensore?

when I put my car in reverse the reverse light doesn't always come on and if the wipers are on the rear wiper wont work as well I think it is the sensor, does any one else have any other idears? and if it is the sensor how much are they? and how do you fit one? many thanks

if the rear wiper doesn't come on then its almost certainly the reverse sensor on the gearbox. as mentioned above its behind the left wheel. its usually a green plug 2 pin connection if I remember that you squeeze to pull off. you'll need a 24mm spanner/socket to remove it. you will either need to plug the hole quickly with something or do a gearbox oil change as the oil will drain out as its near the bottom of the gearbox. I did an oil change as its really quite easy and although im no pro mechanic Im pretty practical. the sensor I picked up from euro car parts for about £15 and the oil I got off ebay for £35. I think its 3.5 litres of oil you'll need to put back in, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Elf-Tranself-NFJ-75W-80-Gear-Oil-TOT-158484-4-4x1L-4-Litre-/161444190158? here's the link I got from an forum member for the oil. to refill the gearbox I fed the oil through a funnel and pipe into the breather plug at the top of the box. not usually the done thing but it worked, you will need to remove the oil level bolt from the front of the box though as you get airlock and it'd take hours to put 3.5l through a tiny hole! I think the whole job took me 2 hours including having to make an 8mm gearbox sump bolt to drain the remaining oil out. hope this helps.

very helpful thank you very much :) is it just a straight forward thing to bolt in, so could I just take the old one out and put the new one in very quickylu, I don't want to loose oil or do a change because I have just had it done as my gear box was sent off to be re-sealed?