ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reverse Lights Are Stuck On????

Clio V6 Phase II
Bought a clio about a month ago and just noticed it had no bulbs in the reverse lights, so got some at the weekend and fitted them this morning. Started the car and they are stuck on, Anyone got any ideas as to why? Thanks

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
Thats probably why there were none in there, pikey fix,

It's french, electric problems I assume, take it to a garage!

Iceberg Ph1
Unscrew the lights and look at the connection block, see if its rusted or filthy in grim, give it a good clean with WD40 and a wire brush, see if that solves the issue.. Also.. Put your front wipers on.. Does the rear go also? This could be a different issue if that happens..

Clio
I would of thought the most obvious problem would of been the reversl light switch mounted on the gearbox has broken. Depending on the model of clio you bought the switch may be easy enough to get to. As a quick test, pull the connector out of the switch and see if the reverse lights still illuminate. The switch is mounted on the back of the box and sometimes has a green plastic body.

Iceberg Ph1
I would of thought the most obvious problem would of been the reversl light switch mounted on the gearbox has broken. Depending on the model of clio you bought the switch may be easy enough to get to. As a quick test, pull the connector out of the switch and see if the reverse lights still illuminate. The switch is mounted on the back of the box and sometimes has a green plastic body.

The best way to test this is to do what I have said above with the wipers, the sensor you refer to also engages the rear wipers to 'wipe' when the front wipers are on when you put the car in reverse

^ Yeah, The test is put your car in reverse and see if the rear wiper turns on (i think with the rear wiper switch turned off on the stalk) that way you can see if the reverse sensor realises your reversing and the reverse lights should come on as well as the wiper.

If the reverse wiper engages then it must be a problem with the lighting cirucit, If it doesnt it could be the gear box sensor.

Pay a small child to hold a torch out the rear window when your reversing, Will probably be cheaper in the long run.

Iceberg Ph1
I think I have to double check now, I think I may have it the wrong way around.. Either the sensor on the gearbox sends the signal to the rear wipers to engage if the front wipers are on or its the lighting circuit that senses this.. Dam I hate trying to recall stuff..

As Guysy said above, I meant.. If you turn on your front wipers (do not turn on the rear) put the car in reverse, the rear wiper should automatically engage...

Pay a small child to hold a torch out the rear window when your reversing, Will probably be cheaper in the long run.

:lolup:

Think the OP has a V6 according to his stats.. No room in the back even for a small child :rasp: lol