ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

reversing light problem!

my reversing light works somtimes somethimes it doesnt? is there any common problems? if i keep going in and out of revers sometimes it comes on? is it a dodgy sensor?

If the rear wiper doesn't come on when selecting reverse then its more than likely the reverse sensor switch on the gearbox. I assume you've checked the obvious stuff, bulbs, earths, fuses etc. Its a pretty easy and cheap fix. New sensor from eurocar parts cost me about £15. You need to jack the car up, left front wheel off. The switch usually has a green plug connector, squeeze to pull off. The only thing to be wary of is unless you bung the hole quickly you'll drain your gearbox oil. I did an oil change whilst I was at it. The oil was £35 off eBay. Took about an hour in total with the oil change.