ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Revs too high ?

renualt clio 1.2 rn
Today I woke up to my starter motor packing in :( Needless to say I still needed to go to shops, so in my wise wisdom I decided to bumped the car down the driveway to get it started... Then to my horror the car started to rev at 30,000 revs when idle.. I got out and checked the throttle as I thought maybe it was jammed open or the cable had done something ,but no...

Getting second hand starter motor tomorrow, but will have to resolve new idle issue once its fitted...

any ideas ?

renualt clio 1.2 rn
Update *

Well got a starter motor from U/pull it and fitted it straight away.. Turned the car over but still no sign of life... Guess that wasn't the issue....:(

So After a lot of head scratching, jump leads, bridging the starter motor and farting around, the problem was finally located at the engine earth strap .... A quick change and hey presto ... Sorted :D

Earth strap was so bad it came apart like pulling on wire wool ....

3,000 rev problem, not there any more as well :D

Happy days :D