ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

revvy!

every time i start the mota, the revs rise to around 2000-2500rpm for a second and then idles normally, is this the throttle cable cos its a bit slack, or sumin else?

Revels Mum & Sister

MIne revs to about 1.8K max. But yeah is just the AutoChoke when you start from cold. Otherwise it would probs stall!!!!

Think thats rite anyway! Mine and mates cars have allways done it!

thing is it happens every time i start it not jus from cold, ive never come accross a car that does that! mite be a faulty autochoke/ecu perhaps?

Just started mine, not been started since Friday..

Revved to 1200rpm.. and then dropped to about 1000.

What car is it?

If its a 1.4 Spi then when you switch off you will have cable slack as the stepper motor opens the throttle ready for the next start which causes it to rev up.

A 16V shouldnt rev up.

Also your slack cable causing it to rev amused me.

Now you know, if your feeling bored go out take the air box off. Start the car then turn it off whilst watching the throttle arm, when you turn it off you will see if move.