ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rewiring speaker help

Ive had some speakers off a friend for a couple of months now and im getting to the point where id like new speaker wire, my car is a 2004 mk2 clio.

Now this is where i need your help, how hard is it to rewire both the front and rear speaker wire? out with the old and in with the new?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Arctic 182
Not too hard to do the rears mate, just a case of running the cable from the speaker position to the rear of the head unit.
The fronts however I'm not sure about. I just used the existing wiring but fitted new speakers & tweeters. I'm sure it's not a massive ball ache but I couldn't be bothered to run new wires into the doors or up the pillars. If your a member there are guides!
HTH,
Chris.

oh right okay :) the rears sound easy enough but where is the guide? i cant seem to find it anywhere, another quick question is it really worth the effort? does changing the speaker wire make a difference when the speakers are being run off the head unit?

Thank you :)

Arctic 182
You need to be a paid member to see the guides mate! Probably not worth changing the cables unless there is damage or your an audiophile lol. If you have speakers in the rear already then use the existing wiring. I was under the impression you wanted to run cables as there was no rear speakers!