ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rich - Megs endurance tyre gel

Dear Rich,

I've noticed no matter how thin I apply it and top it off auto glym vinyl and rubber, also leaving it over night. I still get spray of black sh*t up the sides of my car and on the edge of the wheel arch.

Any tips please mate?

Yeah i get this too, it a proper pain in the ass. Specially all over a newly washed car. Rich must have a tip!!

ST
Megs is endurance is bad for this if the car is driven within 12 hours of it being applied, i used to be a big fan of endurance gel but i've now moved onto Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel from Car Was and wax: http://www.carwashnwax.com/10278/info.php?p=13&pno=0&pid=548255&cat=&ack=9&search=&sought=

Apply onto clean tyres/exterior plastics etc...wipe over 20-30 mins later with a clean microfibre, water repelant shine and no runs.

Cheers, Alan.

P.s remeber you get 10% discount for being a CS member.

106 GTi
I dont think the AG V&R will bond to it hence the splatter. When I use Enduraace I just leave it at that.

I would suggest Poorboys Bold and Bright.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I find Megs Endurance fine on its own, although have to apply it liberally to get a decent gloss.

VaVa
I just use V and R..... are there any good rubber 'cleaners' on the market - My tyres need a good clean really....

106 GTi
I use Meguiars All Purpose Cleaner or AG Engine and Machine cleaner to clean tyres. Removes any browning etc and leaves them ready for a dressing.

AG Rubber Plus (Trade range product) cleans and dresses in one go.

RB 182
I've always had a problem with the Meg's but the New Trim Gel like Alan said is now what I use instead, if you leave it your fine.

Monaco Blue Mk2
I had this once when I applied it too thick, I know apply it with a paint brush and fairly thin, then give it a quick wipe with a cloth. Never get splatter anymore and they shine just aswel and it lasts just as long.

just leave it to dry or rub it in propley, usally helps i dont get splatter lol,

Thinking We should have a "Dear Rich" section in forum lol. as he is a expert, cant wait for my car to get his treatment lol

Skoda Fabia vRS
it says on the back to leave it for a bit then wipe off any residue, if your doing that i cant see how it would happen

ive never had a problem with it apart from the time i forgot to wipe off the excess

106 GTi
acrebo said:
You not doing these on Sunday's anymore Rich? Cost too much in joints of meat huh!?!

LOL, I can do Saturdays or Sundays still up to the customer ... The free Sunday roast was one I was trying to keep quiet tho!

106 GTi
Serious point made I was just messing, I would normally say by the time Jay had reached the circuit the dressing would be off the area that counts, but looking at the tyres running on the sidewalls at some of these track days, a quick wipe round each tyre wall with a Microfiber may be a wise choice.