ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride height help!

172 Ph2
Hi guys, I got some coil-overs popped on yesterday and I'm trying to get the ride height set up correctly. I first set them really low and had problem with the tyres catching the on arches so raised them a little. I'm still getting a bit of rub and the zorst catches on a slopes/speed bumps a bit. I'm gonna raise the height up a bit more but think it may well just be the front that needs doing. I was wondering if anybody had any pics or measurements that I could use as a guide! He's a pick of the current height, sorry about the image, had the bloody macro lense swithed on:eek: !

IMG_4461.gif

172 Ph2
looks sport on that does

what coilover?
what exhaust?
what offset?
what tyres?

It's running fk coil-overs, a K-tec steath mk2 exhaust, K-tec sports cat and 172 cup wheels(I'm not sure what the offset this gives!). It's also got 205/40/16 Yokohama Paradas!

Yeh, It's Dannys old car;)

172 Ph2
It looks about right but it catches on any kind of slope I drive up and on speed bumps. I've also had a bit of rubbing on lumby B-roads when I hit a bump/compression! Is this just the down-sides of setting a low ride height? It would be interesting to find out any measurements that people have from their cars (height of sill to floor etc etc!)

Lionel Richie
wheel offset is fine

is the camber setup?

that ride height looks bollock on perfect to me

exhaust, i can't help you with

172 Ph2
Would the 205 tyres cause more rubbing though??? I can't have them bottoming out all the time!!!

Chocolate Bar™
tyres should be fine, as you would normally use a 195/45 but i believe yours should still be 205/40's

ride height looks absolutley spot on. how are you finding the ride quality, as thats the only thing putting me off fk's as ive heard mixed feelings about them

172 Ph2
The ride is a bit firm but nowhere near as bad with the apex springs!!! I was quite suprised really! I'd imagine H+R's are better but the fk's seem fine. They were £400 delivered as well, brand new with warrenty! I think they need to be raised a bit though, I can't stand any scuffing!!