ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ride quality on 2118's vs Turinis

172 Cup
I am going to be changing my standard turinis to 2118's next month and i am after some advice.

My car is currently running B14's and is dropped only 30mm, to make it complaint as a daily.

I understand that the car will need further lowering when the 2118's are fitted, otherwise the arch gap will look odd.

Can someone share there experiences of running 15" alloys and lowering please, when compared to previously running 16" alloys.

I expect the drop in height to firm the ride up, and was wondering how much this will be offset by the 50 section tyres of the 2118's.

The tyre price makes the change very attractive, but not if it compromises the handling of the car.

Thanks

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The extra widewall on the 15" rims helps with ride comfort.
I doubt you will notice much difference TBH though, Ive got one on 16" and one sat a little lower on 15" and there really is nothing in it.

172 Cup
Yes, the ride height on the b14's ,makes quite a difference. Not much point in lowering the car to suit smaller diameter rims and finding that the ride compliance is ruined.

Best to ask for experiences first, rather than carry on regardless.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I went from 16" Turinis to 15" OZ F1s and noticed the difference straight away in that it felt better in corners, more direct. This is my opinion and what I noticed personally, yes the other plus point is cheaper tyres