ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rig shots

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Decided to have another play with the rig this weekend, i need to get some ND filters though so i can cut the light down a bit for longer exposures, anyways reasonably happy with these. both images are the original capture with the rig cloned out rather than a static shot added over the moving image.

ps excuse my dad driving lol

1web-2.jpg

2web-3.jpg

cheers
James

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
As mentioned, not the worst. If possible, get out an push for these. Should make them a bit more sharper (though the sharpness here is good already).

Cannot check EXIF on these shots, what aperture/ISO were you using?

Oil Burner
f19 iso100 1/10

If you could get the fstop lower you would get more of an oof background and probably wouldnt need a much lower shutter speed.

im pretty sure you could drop down to 1/5 or lower and recover the shots. Or use RAW.

Ive done 1/5 shots with motorsports, i underexpose them untill they meter correctly.

Or a filter would be a better solution.... or wait untill its not so sunny

Renault Clio 1.5 DCi
f19 iso100 1/10

If you could get the fstop lower you would get more of an oof background and probably wouldnt need a much lower shutter speed.

im pretty sure you could drop down to 1/5 or lower and recover the shots. Or use RAW.

Ive done 1/5 shots with motorsports, i underexpose them untill they meter correctly.

Or a filter would be a better solution.... or wait untill its not so sunny
I would say it needs to drop even lower. I would aim for a SS of about 1/2 sec but in these conditions, not a bad attempt.

Once my new rig arrives, ill order up a ND8 filter. *drools*. Ill feedback how that gets on.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
yeah i tried to stop it downs as much as possible, but it was just too sunny, like i said i think some ND filters are needed.
cheers
Jaems

1.2 Dynamique billabong
right i had a bit of time this evening so dispite the crap weather, decided to have another play with the rig as the low light ment i could try longer exposures. What do you guys think ?

cheers
James

3636304287_49f39a83f1_o.jpg

3636303877_13f319548c_o.jpg

3637119276_7424fe174b_o.jpg

3637118880_0d5b526218_o.jpg

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Great stuff!

You're quite welcome to try it out on my car anytime you want mate ;)

use an ND filter to reduce the shutter speed then you'll not have to use such small apertures which will make the image quite soft

Rally bus
So how's this done?

Make a rig (i.e. something that can attach the camera a metre or two away from your car), drive at around 3mph, fire the camera with a remote, car should be sharp (cos the camera is moving with it) and the background/wheels should be blurred.

Then photoshop the rig out of the image.

Or get someone to drive alongside you at the same speed taking the pic. Can do one on Peel car park if you're around in a couple of weeks!