ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RIP Xenon.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Mine went pink then bye bye :(

Now its turns on pink for a few seconds, flashes then goes off completely.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Thought as much.

Going to order a pair, just to be safe. They've last five years and are on day and night.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mine did this, i hit the light (the actual unit not the bulb) with my hand and its been fine since.

ipodsandguns

ClioSport Club Member
  GW X200 CUP
Is this likely to be the bulb then? Iv been thinking its the starter pack not firing right?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
^^^ how the northwest roll's iirc lol the joys of having normal lamps

Mk5 golf gti
if its the ballast the bulb will be normal colour but will flicker or stay on or off or stop working without warning.if the bulb is changin colour its the bulb nothing else.only know this as ive had a nitemare of a time messing about with mine after buyin a dodgy bulb off here lol and replacing ballasts an all sorts

clio 182 black /gold
I was told by Renault that they have a life time guaranttee. Maybe there talking ballast again. lo.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Pic.

aee33987.jpg

Mk5 golf gti
Definitely?

If so, cheers mate.

yep ive had faulty ballasts an bulbs
ive got a pink bulb at the moment on a new ballast at the mo
just make sure you buy a pair not just one as the colours never seem to match up if your not buying the philips ones

Mk5 golf gti
so if i have a pink bulb that goes off i probs need a ballast and a bulb?

put the pink bulb in the other headlight if it is pink but not flickering then you need a ballast and a bulb
tryin to find an oem hella ballast at a good price was the biggest ball ache

Steve in the traders section was selling second hand bulbs for £40.

I still need to sort mine out but the guy looking to buy it seems happy to sort it himself.

Mk5 golf gti
Steve in the traders section was selling second hand bulbs for £40.

I still need to sort mine out but the guy looking to buy it seems happy to sort it himself.

i bought one off him an it was pink :dead:
so bought a cheap pair off ebay that are gettin fitted on saturday

Last edited by a moderator:
  Mk5 golf gti
150 to 180 iirc lol
you can get decent ones from eurocarparts for 80
oh an them prices are all each :)

Mk5 golf gti
£70 will get you a pair from hids4u.co.uk Chris.

100 a pair for the oem sort the 70 are not exact replacements but cheaper versions which i have seen for 30 quid on ebay
100 for the osram pair is good tho
but still to much for pair of bulbs
but if i wanted genuine replacements an i had the dough then that is a good deal :)

RB 200 Cup!
mine went pink days before an MOT! so mine cost me 70 odd quid - a lot but thank f**k my mate works at reno

Mk5 golf gti
d2s mate
an there not awkward to fit if you take the bumper off
dont try doin it with the bumper on
people will tell u too
but even if you have midget hands its not worth attempting incase you breake the bulbs