ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ROAD ANGEL 2

172 GTR

Will the front laser detection work through the heat reflective windscreen or do I have to mount the unit looking through the clear section at the bottom of the screen?

Thanks Danny

Mine works on the clear section, but is inconsistant. I bought an internal aerial, and now its fine. Try with the bottom of the bracket touching the dasboard, very low. It will not work at all elsewhere on the windscreen.

Search on the subject, there are many posts.

P

peterh2

Cuthbert : where have you located your internal aerial? Im after ideas for mine.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

I have a cup so mine works fine when i place it above the windscreen wipers....... Just get the areial in the back of the car like most have, there was a topic on this the other day :D

172 GTR

I have the aerial so I get a constant GPS readout. But will the laser work through the 172 front screen.

106 GTi

The laser module should work through the screen its the GPS signal that is effected by the reflective coating

my road angel 2 gets no reception at all through thye front window, but my whistler radard detector works fine ????

cant work it out

172 GTR

I spoke to Black Spot (who make the Road Angel 2) today. They told me that the GPS signal cant pass through the 172’s heat reflecting front screen so you need the aerial. But the Speed gun laser signal can pass through!!!

Ford Fiesta

yes thats correct, as I said in my other post.

For mouting ideas try a search there are a couple of good spots for the external antenna to be mounted interbally in the 182.

:)

peterh2. I followed someones guide on here, although cant seem to find it now.

Ive got the wire running under the the rubber seal going above the door on the drivers side, then just behind the plastic trim above the back side window. Its not quite long enough to be able to sit on the parcel shelf but hangs down by about two inches from the roof. Now works every time.

Depends on the length of the wire. Im not ashamed to admit mines less than 5 metres.