ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel or Origin b2

Which one would people say is better? I know that these 2 are considered the best however i cant seem to find any reason to buy one over the other. So was wondering what everyone on here thought.

Thanks in advance

Pete

M.C..

ClioSport Club Member

if you are leaving it in the car get the B2 it has more features i have one and cant fault it except for the buttons rattling but if it is going to be moved about get the RA

williamsclio.co.uk/forum

B2 - same as M.C but my buttons dont rattle.

Easy to remove the face as well so it doesnt get pinched.

I have the Road Angel II..

I needed something which I can move from car to car very easily.. RA you can.

If its staying in one car, Id say Origin B2..

If you want to be able to move it around, RA2.

RA2s screen is blue tho.. and flashes to red during an alert - the buttons flash too.. (blue).. so it looks really cool driving along - especially at night!

Glad I got the RA2.. one thing which I like about the Origin is, it knows the speed limit - so if you are travelling under it, it dont beep like mad - the RA2 just knows the location.. so even if you are doing 30 in a 60, itll still beep! (Altho, less than 15mph I think, it silences as no speed limit is 15, heh)

Ford Fiesta

never used a b2, got a road angel 2 in mine and all wires are hidden fairly easily, there are 2, one for the additional antenna and the power cord. The power cord is long enough to go down the back of windscreen down side and behind pedals to a 3 way ciggy adaptor. The 5 meter additional antenna goes the same way but under the rear seats and up to sit on the plastic at drivers side of parcel shelf, to look out of rear window, doesnt touch anything here as boot opens and closes either.

Ford Fiesta

take into account cost of updates too after the first free 6 months, although maybe they are the same price.

K20 EG Hatch

well after speaking to has he has persuaded me to get the road angel 2 now! I am so confused, can someone just tell me why the b2 is better? lunner please mate?

Lee

BMW M2C

According to the chart it does lasers Daz so like the normal B2 it must have a detector, and at that price Id expect it to.

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by dangermouse_se on 27 August 2004

As far as I know the B2s detect laser, its the radar detector thats extra.
Yup. The laser detector is the small thing in the centre of my windscreen in the images above. It works too!

Thats not what I meant.

It does do laser.. its just a seperate unit.. which means more wires.

The Road Angel, and the main reason I chose it, its all in one - you only plug the power in to it..

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4

b2 too, very happy, neat little unit, easy to remove from the car for security purposes, (just grab and run), plus very neatly installed.