ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Road Angel

Just bought a road angle for my 172. Alot of people question if it will work with my the front windscreen? It does work, but when i cycle the ignition, it takes AGES to re-find the sattillites?!?

Also i have mounted it and the lazer detecter on top of the dash aiming through the little "non-UV" window? any advice?

Finally after 2weeks of my car and the recent wet days i had begun to wonder if all CLIO windscreen wipers really were as Sh*te as mine are. Went down Reno this morning and low and behold my passenger wiper arm is tottally bent. The car was an import from AUTOLINK as it was like this on delivery and i didnt notice coz i asumed the car was suppose to be like that!!

Can i don anything?? Thanks for your help.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Depending on how long you have the road angel switched off, a cold reboot takes quite a while (normally after 6 hours off) a hot reboot will only take about 30 seconds max, although it does depend on how good the gps system inside the Road Angel is.

A slow one :-(

Im fancying one of those road angels! How much did it set u back? Would you recomend one?

Its quite a good little toy...i need one with all my points now.

I am also using the feed it provides to provide GPS data for my SatNav (PocketPC) and it all works a treat.

They are quite expensive and its really only usefull if you drive a lot of the time on unfamiliar roads...Theres no point getting one to tell you of all the cameras you already know about now is there?

Cheers

Jamie

ps. They are about £399 (i think) which includes 1 year subscription to the update service, then its either about £25 a year or £79 for life.

So its now free once bought

Fiesta TDCI

Road Angel works well, like wallisj Ive got mine hooked up to a pocket PC for satnav, I went to Blackspot Interactive (based in Silverstone) to demo one prior to buying it. On ebay you can pick them up for about £340, a guy who sits next to me got one brand new off of ebay for £270!!

RAdar express offered me one for £340 inc delivery.