ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Robin

Mk2 ph1 clio
Went out earlier this morning and managed to get another Robin pic. It refused to sit on a nearby snow covered tree stump, despite me waiting for around 30 mins in the snow.

4263369391_f41a128a51.png

I got some ok duck ones though!

Take a bribe with you, mealworms will have them sitting on your hand.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Take a bribe with you, mealworms will have them sitting on your hand.

I have some "half decent" shots of a Robin in a forest

Dad goes for a walk every day to help his back pain and feeds the birds, I follow along with the camera sometimes for snaps :)
But I do lug the "tripod" with me too lol :p

Mk2 ph1 clio
Has it's limitations though you must admit.;)

Possibly, alot of the Pros are still using them for wildlife + sport and indeed i got my gear off one.

It's money that stops me upgrading, but even still i'll only upgrade my lens, the 1D Mark2 is good enough for me using it as a hobby.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
They are insanely quick cameras, and very robust but just can't cut it in the noise department.

Oil Burner
Yep, but a crop sensor camera rarely can, especialy at this age!

ISO 1000 is just useable on the 1D tbh. anything else is pants!

I would have bought a 1dmkiiN had it not been for the High ISO performance/range. Excellent cameras, but this time of year so much of my work is done at f2.8 and iso 2000+

Wish the 1d MKiii would fall in price quicker!

LY 182 FF CUPPED
D3 and a 3rd closer lol
Just spent the day making a new hide one which is more portable and will collapse down quicker.
Fingers crossed I will be heading out tomorrow.

Mk2 ph1 clio
D3 and a 3rd closer lol
Just spent the day making a new hide one which is more portable and will collapse down quicker.
Fingers crossed I will be heading out tomorrow.

I have quite a bit of sucess just tucking myself up in a treeline, only used a "pop" up hide a couple of times.

Most of the reserves round here are pretty camera friendly and designed to get the wildlife closer to ya.

I'll look forward to seeing your results!

p.s if money was no object i would have had a 1D Mark 4 on preorder!

Hi,

Im just trying to get into this photography malarky and decided to go out today with my camera. Got a picture of a Robin so thought id post it in here :rasp:

4368666526_73f4c59f43_o.png

4367919349_d04e649ece_o.png

Nice pics Glyn! they seem to like posing for the camera :)

thanks for the Flickr add, ive added you too.

It was my first time out with the camera. It's made me wanna get out a bit more though :)

I want to photo a squirrel and then the moon lol