ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll Cage Advice...

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
Next on my list for the 182 is getting a cage sorted but I cant decide on which one. For the moment I am just doing track days and the main reason for wanting one is safety and harness mounting. In the future I would like to race and obviously then the regulations come into play. Ive had a look on the msa site about it but couldnt really find an answer. What is the minimum requirement? Ive been looking on Custom Cages at the clubman (6 point weld in with harness bar and cross door bars). or the bolt in 6 point from safety devices but that is a bolt in and says on the site that its for track day use only?

I want to get this done right first time so would rather pay more for one thats good for racing...

Thanks in advance.

WRX
The first one on Safety Devices site (the 16 model) is the MSA spec one. Speak to Mark Fish about them. Custom Cages one is what I have.
I would definitely get an MSA spec one, as it makes the car more appealing when selling.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
The first one on Safety Devices site (the 16 model) is the MSA spec one. Speak to Mark Fish about them. Custom Cages one is what I have.
I would definitely get an MSA spec one, as it makes the car more appealing when selling.

thanks for the reply. looking again it says that on the 16 model. i would rather have a weld in cage though. i dont like the way the bolt ins stop short of the dash and ive noticed shells with welded in msa spec cages get snatched up quick

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Safety devices cage from MF and then Amery Motorsport in Congleton for fitting.
upload_2016-8-22_15-4-20.png

upload_2016-8-22_15-4-35.png

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
£500 the finish is fantastic, they know their stuff. When I get my Gaz Gold's I'm going to go to them for set up.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hi

You don't happen to have pictures of the cage feet do you?

I have a rear safety devices cage from Mark Fish and fitting this weekend, would be good to see another fitted first!

Cheers

I'll get some for you, I'm getting the same photos for someone on the facebook page already lol.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hi

You don't happen to have pictures of the cage feet do you?

I have a rear safety devices cage from Mark Fish and fitting this weekend, would be good to see another fitted first!

Cheers

As promised.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    272.1 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    328.8 KB · Views: 270
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    314.4 KB · Views: 278
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    364.9 KB · Views: 281
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    462.9 KB · Views: 286

chris blue

ClioSport Area Rep
  172 Ph1 2001
Just on the hunt for a welder in my area that will weld plates for my rear, bolt in, half cage.
Only 4 places to bolt, 2 on the wheel arch, and 2 in the footwells behind the front seats
Do all 4 need 3mm welded in steel plates to fix too, or just the 2 feet behind the seats?

Any pics of these footer plates welded in would be useful

Am looking at 6inch square, 3mm steel?