ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Roll cages - 4 or 6 point

Clio 182
Hi all.
Last year rolled my 182 with no cage. Luckily got out of it ok. Had plans to track the car and never got round to it due to the accident.
Looking into getting another clio to mod and track. Obviously thinking about safety a little more now so Been looking at cages and have noticed quite a cost difference between 4 and 6 point cages when taking the welding etc into account.
Is the 4 point cage safe? What’s people’s experience with 4 and 6 point cages and should I save up the extra cash and go for the 6 point. After all can’t really put a price on price of mind.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
The safety devices can be added in sections which is helpful. You can start with the rear cage which is 4 point and then add the front half at a later stage, making it 6. You can also add in door bars etc.

They’re well rated and designed and I’d definitley recommend putting as much protection as you can afford.

As fun as track days are, you never know who else is on track with you. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Couple the caged up with some nice 6 point harnesses and a couple of decent bucket seats and you’re good to go!

Clio 182
The safety devices can be added in sections which is helpful. You can start with the rear cage which is 4 point and then add the front half at a later stage, making it 6. You can also add in door bars etc.

They’re well rated and designed and I’d definitley recommend putting as much protection as you can afford.

As fun as track days are, you never know who else is on track with you. Better safe than sorry in my opinion.

Couple the caged up with some nice 6 point harnesses and a couple of decent bucket seats and you’re good to go!

thats good to know! I know when it comes to safety it’s best to spend the money. But it’s a case of having the money.If I can add in thefront section at a later date that would be ideal.
Thank you for your help!

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
4 Point for a road/track car, 6 point for track/race car.
Wouldnt want a front cage without a helmet. I rolled my road car and suspect I wouldnt have survived if it had had a front cage.

Clio 182
4 Point for a road/track car, 6 point for track/race car.
Wouldnt want a front cage without a helmet. I rolled my road car and suspect I wouldnt have survived if it had had a front cage.
Mind if you go into a bit more detail as to why? Like the from cage would’ve bent or move in such a way to hit your head or something?

Clio 182
Normal belts allow a fair amount of moment. So unless you are harnessed everywhere you go, your head could easily hit the bar, more the side bar than the front.
I’ll probably have harnesses anyway. That makes sense though

thanks for your help

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Best place to look at getting a safety device cage for a clip, please?

Search ‘Mark Fish Motorsport’ on Facebook, give him a call as they’re an approved SD supplier 👍

Rear RO17 half cage -

58A7A81C-32C7-4A4C-B488-540C8DD60F54.jpeg

clio 182
I build roll cages check out my Facebook page Fulcrum Motorsport

All built to racing regulations, front section can be added at a later date if and when required.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I build roll cages check out my Facebook page Fulcrum Motorsport

All built to racing regulations, front section can be added at a later date if and when required.

Just had a look at your link 😍😍😍
If I ever need a full cage I now have a good idea where the car will end up 👍