ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rollcages

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Does anyone know what interior has to be removed to accomodate a Safety Devices, OMP or similar 6 point bolt in cage (inc door bars)?

Any info in general on this would be great, cheers :D

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Hey mate, i've got an OMP 6 point in mine, and EVERYTHING has to be pulled out minus the carpet, i'm tracking mine so everything is out!

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Cheers for the reply.

Its also going to be used purely as a trackcar but due to driving to the 'ring etc i'd planned on keeping some interior if possible.

I realise the rear seats and shelf must come out. The carpets lifted for fitting at least. Also the glove box will be affected too but thats no big deal.

But:

Could the a-pillar rollcage bars fit with standard Cup door cards? (ie clear the window controls)

Does the bar running along the top of the screen require the interior light gubbins to be removed? (Could always modify this)

And could the cage fit with the rest of the headlining left in place or are the bras too high/headlining too low?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
Sorry, should have been more specific! lol!
I've still got in, dash and front door cards, that's it

The one i've got goes round the dash so no cutting at all to that, and the headlining with interior light is still there as well

Audi TT 225
Sweet thats what I wanted to know!
Any chance of posting the exact cage you have, I was looking at them and theres quite a selection!

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Cheers thats a great help! :D

As above could you specify the exact cage? Has it got a harness bar and door bars?

Cup Turbo, Flamer
here you go chaps a pic of mine, i'm getting a harness bar done by mark fish in a few weeks time...

DSC002130.jpg

DSC002200.jpg

172, Tiguan
OMP according to what he posted above.

When I was getting mine done there were many companies out there that will build and install you a custom cage for between £600 and £1k. If you went down that route you could have it designed so you kept whatever trim you wanted.

Audi TT 225
Prospeed actually do cages (not a lot of people knows that) I was talking to charly last time I was there, no idea how much he would charge tho... wont be built to any kinda safety standard like the OMP's tho heh

clio 200 F4Rt
Mark Fish Motorsport can provide a SAfety DEvices cage that allows you to run the full interior.

100_1347-vi.jpg

100_1391-vi.jpg

IMG_0020-vi.jpg

IMG_0017-vi.jpg

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Excellent! Will probably be going for the Safety Devices one.

Not sure why so much of it's bolted though. The cage for my 106 has a fully welded rear diagonal and harness bar

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Full cage looks a bit pap...If it's an out and out track car then fair play. But for day to day i'd rather a 3/4 cage.

fmp's cage is in my clio now!

take it all out for easy fitting, leave the dash in then put all the interior back in,

Cage2.gif

Cage.gif

Cage1.gif

Fully interior is back in now -

Today2.gif

182 FF & 306 Rallye
Is there any problem with the front drivers side bar getting in the way? Will obviously be using fixed buckets so sitting lower with straighter legs, but currently it looks like it sits where my leg would.