ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling road tips

Titanium 182
Got a rolling road session coming up with quite a few mates, would be interesting to see what the 182's pushing out with only a scorpion cat-back.
Any tips as to getting the best out of the car on the day? Engine temp, running on super unleaded etc.

182 cup
would of thought that high octane fuel would give it a better chance. try and get a good CAF and have the fan angled at it on your run

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
Dont be surprised when your car gets less than 182bhp.. they never do :dapprove:

Titanium 182
Addz - yeah mate id love for mine to make the '182' but i know its doubtful lol !

Plummer - what would these cheats be ? :cool:

Addz - yeah mate id love for mine to make the '182' but i know its doubtful lol !

Plummer - what would these cheats be ? :cool:

A couple to start off, I would advise against them but they work!

On the day replace the air box filter with them ice/cool blocks you can get in the super markets (leave them in the freezer over night), will add a few bhp on the figures.
Another is to pump your tyres to about 40-45psi (I saw someone do it to 50psi!) this will add several bhp to the figure..

172 Cup
Why would you want to cheat on a rolling road?

Surely you want to know a realistic figure as to what your car is running :S

Why would you want to cheat on a rolling road?

Surely you want to know a realistic figure as to what your car is running :S

Some people do it to have the faster car, and others as they don't want their car under achieving.

I have never used these methods myself, I know others who have though!
(mainly VW owners!)

Clio 182 with Cup packs
It sort of shows how pointless rolling road figures can be, doesn't it !

Pumping up the tyres and running in a lower gear will increase the meaningless "at the wheels" figure. If the run down is done correctly though, these should be should be cancelled out.

Some good pointers on how to prepare, what to expect and what can effect the readings can be found here: http://www.emeraldm3d.com/em_r_road.html (scroll down to 'How rolling roads work'

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
i was running mine on 95ron today with 28psi in the tyres and managed 181.1bhp with a yozzasport cat back and ktr panel filter. Its just luck of the draw mate, some engines are good and some arent.

Just put your car onto the rollers as it is, the bhp reading you get means nothing tbh. My car ran 167.8 and i've played with other clios running 185 bhp and theres been nothing in it even though we were running the same modifications with similar stripped out cars!

The only really good thing I find is that they can tell you what your AFR and inlet temperatures are across the rev range which I find more important.

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
Yep as above really.... loads of variables in it anyway.

there were two mk6 zetec s there, one with gsr induction kit and miltek cat back, ran 118bhp and the other one with gsr induction kit and miltek full system inc decat ran 118bhp.

Black 172 PH2
Just put it on the rollers!
Maybe just check your tyre pressures are correct so that it cant throw the reading off.

To "cheat" on a rolling road is ridiculous, like putting a magnifying glass over your c**k...it dont make it any bigger.

Not got a car
Cheating on a RR, flol thats a new one on me.

Actually thats the best thing I've heard this year. I want to cheat with mine, Maybe I'll hit the 220 mark, get my self a Saber Electron Dump Valve to. Vroooom tisssssh

Honda & VW
It's much like fat people breathing in as much as they can when having their waist measured...... You get the result you want but it's far from accurate!!!!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
No two cars are built the same.

Some make book, most dont.

Theres honestly far too many circumstances to put a real figure to it imo

Temperature,tyre pressure,engine age,engine quality etc so on and so forth.

My fairly standard 106 GTi ran 133bhp on what left the factory with an apparent 120bhp, 2 other GTi's ran simillar figures...

Clio 1970000000
No two cars are built the same.

Some make book, most dont.

Theres honestly far too many circumstances to put a real figure to it imo

Temperature,tyre pressure,engine age,engine quality etc so on and so forth.

My fairly standard 106 GTi ran 133bhp on what left the factory with an apparent 120bhp, 2 other GTi's ran simillar figures...

I have been up against some rapid 106 Gtis. Stripped out, cams done etc running over 150bhp. Doesn't seem to take a lot to make them quick.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I have been up against some rapid 106 Gtis. Stripped out, cams done etc running over 150bhp. Doesn't seem to take a lot to make them quick.

Yeah they seem to respond well compared to simillar mods on a F4R engine for some reason.../

The story goes that Peugeot (when testing) the GTi for insurance purposes i.e 0-60 times and what not were done with 4 people aboard and a full tank of petrol to keep the insurance group down...!

Seemingly for younger drivers so they could afford to insure them without too much drama.

Whether this is actually true or not is very much open to debate lol

Clio 182 with Cup packs
RR runs are like measuring your c**k - classic!!

The results are weather dependent.
The measurement usually produces disappointment.
Those who partake easily succumb to adverts promising enhancement.
The French are prone to exagerate in this area.

But of course, what really matters is what you do with it!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Just stick it on the rolling road no point in trying to artificially inflate the figures. If you really want to do something then give it a service.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
remove the filter from the airbox lol, super unleaded, octane booster!

(this isnt why my old car ran big power as standard, it was just a natural!!)