ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ron 98

S-Max
cup 172's (perhaps like most other sports?) recommends the above, most petrol stations only offer 97. Anyone know any that do?

Leon Cupra 300
optimax is 98
tesco do 99

the people that use higher octane stuff generally use optimax, but think just as many run on normal 95 stuff.

Ron's 98

Happy Birthday Ron

happybday.gif

S-Max
Nice one "day" its Rons B "day"

BP Optimax is 97 I filled up on it today, ill check out tesco, cheers

Monaco Blue 172
lol. not another one! :quiet: :rasp:

i've said quite enough on petrol 2nite already, but i just gotta say... BP Optimax?

Arctic blue 182
jooliona said:
lol. not another one! :quiet: :rasp:

i've said quite enough on petrol 2nite already, but i just gotta say... BP Optimax?

No way, you've helped resolve the argument once and for all: Anyone who puts 95 RON in a clio sport is a pikey! ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
In that case im about to steal all of your goods and beat you up with a cricket bat.

Monaco Blue 172
davebigfoot said:
No way, you've helped resolve the argument once and for all: Anyone who puts 95 RON in a clio sport is a pikey! ;)
hey, i said nothing about pikeys :p and i only put 95 in it once! :dead: been 97 ever since ;) lol

Arctic blue 182
Tom said:
In that case im about to steal all of your goods and beat you up with a cricket bat.

Don't be so hard on yourself! I said clio sport - you can put any old toss on a 1.4 campus!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
davebigfoot said:
Don't be so hard on yourself! I said clio sport - you can put any old toss on a 1.4 campus!

I run mine on avgas.

Lionel Richie
rec·om·mend·ed, rec·om·mend·ing, rec·om·mends
v. tr.

1. To praise or commend (one) to another as being worthy or desirable; endorse: recommended him for the job; recommended a car instead of an SUV.
2. To make (the possessor, as of an attribute) attractive or acceptable: Honesty recommends any person.
3. To commit to the charge of another; entrust.
4. To advise or counsel: She recommended that we be on time. See Synonyms at advise.

v. intr.

To give advice or counsel: “recommended against signing an international agreement” (Time).

[Middle English recomenden, from Medieval Latin recommendre : Latin re-, re- + Latin commendre, to entrust, commend; see commend.]recom·menda·ble adj.
recom·mender n.

[Download Now or Buy the Book]
Source: The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2000 by Houghton Mifflin Company.
Published by Houghton Mifflin Company. All rights reserved.

recommended

adj : mentioned as worthy of acceptance; "the recommended medicine"; "the suggested course of study" [syn: suggested]

Source: WordNet ® 2.0, © 2003 Princeton University

RenaultSport clio 172 CUP
Had my CUP for 4months and up until last month I always filled up with 95 ron.

After reading a few other threads due the cleaning qualities of Optimax I now alternate between the two.

It's just to F**cking expensive to fill up with Optimax every time you go to the pump.

As I've pointed out before on other threads the hand books states that 95 ron is ok to use.

Can you imagine the legal implications if this statement was wrong.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but was'nt the original question where 98 ron can be bought? not which is best or what other people use.

You can buy 98ron from most petrol stations to be honest: Shell (Optimax), BP (Ultimate) Tescos (99), Sainsburys to name a few.

I prefer to use Optimax for its known cleaning properties and its supposed to give a slightly better response and keeness to rev (according to independent testing against other fuels). IMO it may cost a bit more than 95ron but it performs better so if your gonna buy and drive a performance car why not put good fuel in it? Also it has been said that it delivers better mpg; which cancels out some of the extra cost!! (I have never bothered to test that theory however).

I suppose it depends on how many miles you do but it seems to me that your just skimping if you buy 95 over 98 - its not that much more expensive! Definately recommend a tank of Optimax every few tanks for the cleaning properties alone though

Monaco Blue 172
i've never seen 98 at a sainsburys. 97 usually. my local tesco doesnt even "do" super anymore lol. not that i'd buy it from them anyway...