ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ron

RenaultSport clio 182
Hi all,

The site was recommended by somebody I know so i thought I'd take a look.

Just wondered what fuel people use as the 182 recommends 98 RON but I normally just put the 95 stuff in. Is this going to cause any probs in the future?

cheers
Joolz

It won't cause any problems some peopl say it makes more power but its never been proven to on the 1/4 mile some say it affects low speed idle other say no effect.
personally I'd stick with 95 RON and treat it to 98 RON for track days.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
My cars never been treated to anything other than 98 optimax (even if it means going out of my way to find a shell garage lol), but to be honest i don't know if it makes any difference! I just treat my car to the best!

recaro182 said:
...I don't know if it makes any difference! I just treat my car to the best!

And who wouldnt? When I go out to a pub I buy decent beer, not poxy 4% sh*te. Who would drink XXXX when they could have Leffe Blonde? Not that I've found a UK pub serving Leffe, but you get my point. Sainsburys sell it if you want a comparison. Hell yeah it's expensive just like Optimax, but then if I was skint I wouldnt be driving a performance car.

Last edited:
  RenaultSport clio 182
Thanks for the replies. I know what you mean about treating the car as they deserve it but didn't notice the 98 recommended sticker the other day (had the car from new for 10 months now) so thought it'd been set up for 95. I'm totally non techy when it comes to engines so not sure if it'd cause problems.

RenaultSport clio 182
Roy Munson said:
And who wouldnt? When I go out to a pub I buy decent beer, not poxy 4% sh*te. Who would drink XXXX when they could have Leffe Blonde? Not that I've found a UK pub serving Leffe, but you get my point. Sainsburys sell it if you want a comparison. Hell yeah it's expensive just like Optimax, but then if I was skint I wouldnt be driving a performance car.
Not questioning the performance gains or anything just asking if it'll cause any problems, "calm down it's only a question"

Joolz said:
Not questioning the performance gains or anything just asking if it'll cause any problems, "calm down it's only a question"

Chill Winston I'm totally calm. Just offering my opinion :D It's all good :cool:

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
the RON rating of fuel doesnt mean the octane it means the resistance to knock so it wont give you more power,just the power the engine should have

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
my old clio was mapped on optimax, i took it to the RR on normal 95ron, and it was pinking slightly top end!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
yeah thats why scooby´s etc that are imported have to be mapped to our fuel because japans ron is 100

Black/Gold 182
Roy Munson said:
Who would drink XXXX when they could have Leffe Blonde? Not that I've found a UK pub serving LeffeQUOTE]
Where you from, i've seen a couple in London? Bloody expensive though about £4 a pint